time wasted? (1 Viewer)

tkinnear

lalala..
HSC
Hi there ppl,
A few questions about transfering...
my mums a big softie and wants me to go to QLD rather than sydney for my first year of uni (as i live closer to QLD and could come home more often, and i partly feel the same because of my possible UAI situation lol). I was wondering, if i entered into a degree at a QLD uni, such as law and international relations/arts, would i be able to transfer to USYD, UNSW or ANU, so long as a performed will in my first year subjects? Also, would i have to repeat the first year (because they might have different elctives =S ) or would i begin in 2nd??

Thanks for your help =D

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
if you completed a year's worth of subjects at another institution, and you transferred to a course similar to the one you did previously, you could apply for advanced standing which means that you wont have to do that subject again, and it could mean that you could start as a 2nd year in another institution instead of doing everything all over again

thomas_hb

HSC
Furthermore, if your Grade Point Average is sufficient, you can effectively upgrade yourself from one tier of course to another.

In 2006 I completed 1st year Arts (UAI:70)at Western Sydney and transferred to BA/B Ed (UAI:84).

My friend did similar: UAI 70 in B Comms at UWS - transferred to B Arts (Comms) [or similar] at UTS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)