Timetable Help please! (1 Viewer)

rayy_bann

HSC
Hey guys, I'm doing Combined Law/Commerce in 2012 and have been arranging my timetable.

So far, I have chosen 4 units for semester 1.

For all my units, the structure of teaching is: 'Lecture_1' and 'Tutorial_1'

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm supposed to pick ONE lecture time and ONE tutorial time in semester one for each of my units, right?

I've been arranging my timetable and some days have no school AT ALL, and some days include just one tutorial. Is this normal? All of my friends from different universities have PACKED weeks, whilst I'm doing a double degree and am managing a basically flexible timetable arrangment....

Is there something I'm missing, is this normal for law at macq? Someone please enlighten me :L

Thanks!

FTW

HSC
yep, you pick one of each of the lectures/tutes/pracs. Make sure if you have any subjects that have more than 1 lecture, you must pick ONE Lecture_1 and ONE Lecture_2. Same for other class types.

rayy_bann

HSC
Ok thanks! but none of my subjects has two lectures...does that mean that I'll be ONLY attending 4 tutorials and 4 lectures in ONE WEEK? given that I only do 4 units a semester?

It looks really spaced out and I have heaps of time, while all my other friends from other unis have packed timetables. Is this normal for a combined degree student in Macq?

Salliea

HSC
Oh! I've been arranging my timetable too xD
I'm doing a combined degree, and I have Wednesday and Friday off for semester one. kufufufu

sanndiiee

HSC
Ok thanks! but none of my subjects has two lectures...does that mean that I'll be ONLY attending 4 tutorials and 4 lectures in ONE WEEK? given that I only do 4 units a semester?

It looks really spaced out and I have heaps of time, while all my other friends from other unis have packed timetables. Is this normal for a combined degree student in Macq?
Yep people who are doing combined and single degrees at macq end up doing only 4 units a semester unless you somewhere down the path ask to do an additional unit. That's why a single degree takes 3 years and combined degrees anywhere from 4-5 depending. Also it's expected that for each unit you do you should be putting in 6 hours study a week. So that in the end it totals to 36 hours a week. Hence full-time study.

rayy_bann

HSC
Oh! I've been arranging my timetable too xD
I'm doing a combined degree, and I have Wednesday and Friday off for semester one. kufufufu
Omg that's so good! That's similar to me but for both semesters I only have one day off..

Hey can I just ask, that means you must have kinda put all your subjects into 3 days right? So when is the latest time that you come home?

rayy_bann

HSC
Yep people who are doing combined and single degrees at macq end up doing only 4 units a semester unless you somewhere down the path ask to do an additional unit. That's why a single degree takes 3 years and combined degrees anywhere from 4-5 depending. Also it's expected that for each unit you do you should be putting in 6 hours study a week. So that in the end it totals to 36 hours a week. Hence full-time study.
Hey thanks for the reply! I understand now!

But I have another question, irrelevant to the previous one.

So basically, people in the same tutorial class may have attended different lectures depending on there preference right? So what are discussed in tutorials if some people have finished a lecture in relation to a certain topic whilst another person hasn't yet?

oisac

HSC
just because you do double degree don't mean you do twice the work in one year, you simply go to uni for a longer time...also depending on the course...the amount of hours you have to attend uni is different example...engineering is way more demanding than commerce, l am doing commerce/engineering and i just chose 2 comm subjects and 2 engineering subjects

Salliea

HSC
Omg that's so good! That's similar to me but for both semesters I only have one day off..

Hey can I just ask, that means you must have kinda put all your subjects into 3 days right? So when is the latest time that you come home?
Latest time I get off uni is at 5PM, but I start at 9AM. However, I also have at least 1hr between each lecture/tutorial.
(><) I really hope I'll be able to register this timetable on enrollment day :p

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey thanks for the reply! I understand now!

But I have another question, irrelevant to the previous one.

So basically, people in the same tutorial class may have attended different lectures depending on there preference right? So what are discussed in tutorials if some people have finished a lecture in relation to a certain topic whilst another person hasn't yet?
A tutorial will focus on the PREVIOUS week's lecture, so it does not matter. Back in first semester I had a tutorial on the first week, but it did not involve discussing anything on the first week's lecture we just set up groups and introduced ourselves and the tutor went over the assignments in a bit more detail.

Flying

HSC
just because you do double degree don't mean you do twice the work in one year, you simply go to uni for a longer time...also depending on the course...the amount of hours you have to attend uni is different example...engineering is way more demanding than commerce, l am doing commerce/engineering and i just chose 2 comm subjects and 2 engineering subjects
this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)