timetable help (1 Viewer)

qapl

HSC
When u set up the timetable for an engineering subject is it advisable to set up tutorials after lectures or does it not really matter. What about lab is it better to put labs after lectures and tutorials. Also are afternoon classes not as good as morning classes.

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
i did lectures first, then labs because they are 2 hours, and then tutorials because they are 1 hour and are much easier to slot in.
Mornings/afternoons....depends on if you are a morning person or an afternoon person, and how you will be travelling. I have 5 9 am starts which is kinda crappy, but its easier to get there in the morning rather than get home at 6

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Courtenay said:
i did lectures first, then labs because they are 2 hours, and then tutorials because they are 1 hour and are much easier to slot in.
Mornings/afternoons....depends on if you are a morning person or an afternoon person, and how you will be travelling. I have 5 9 am starts which is kinda crappy, but its easier to get there in the morning rather than get home at 6
Yea, same here. It sucks to have such early lectures when you live far away, but I get some time in the afternoon. Can't do much in the morning anyway.

shannonm

HSC
N/A
for labs i'd say the latter in the week you have them, the better

as the later you have them, the greater the probability that a certain friend, F, will have completed the pre (and during) labratory work by the time your lab begins.
its good to leach prelab and some results/procedures so you at least have a clue what to do without looking like a lost cause to the supervisors

also keep an our or 2 before tutes if you want to, to cram for class tests

j4x0r

HSC
agreed, but it depends on what kind of labs they are

shannonm

HSC
N/A
engineering forum so im assuming physics,
but surely conferring wit people who have previously done the lab will assist you in getting better mark than had you never discussed it/attained their labbook) in the first place

laney

HSC
Curry said:
Yea, same here. It sucks to have such early lectures when you live far away, but I get some time in the afternoon. Can't do much in the morning anyway.
i'm not in any of your classes, but no surprises there.
i'm probably only doing one mining subject this semester, if i can even fit that in, but i'm sure to see ya around. everyone in mining seems to know everyone cause there's hardly any of us.

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
Curry said:

However you are lucky enough to have a day off, better for getting a job! I on the other had ended up with 2 hald days, but managed to find a job picking up kids from school on those days and looking after them till 7, easy work! COuld be worse, seeing as i have 22 hours i suppose

Havnt found anyone in my course, or even in any of my classes, but then there are only max 25 people in my course evidently and there were vacancies....yay for renewable energy engineering!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)