Timetable Question for Chemical Engineering (1 Viewer)

ddmoore95

HSC
Hi,
I am wondering if I have doe my timetable correctly. It looks really hectic. I am from Wollongong and would like to come back on weekends so I was wondering how skippable the last lecture on Friday is? Is the timetable supposed to look this crazy? Can I do anything to reduce the load?

Screen Shot 2014-01-22 at 9.00.44 pm.jpg

Thanks in advance for all your help.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You have a lot of gaps.

Are you sure you want that many gaps?

I was able to get mine packed tightly into Tuesday to Friday with a one hour PHYS lecture on the Monday.

And I only have 5 hours of gaps in mine, whereas you have over 10.

But it is up to you. If you want to study at uni, then those times might be fine.

So if you want to reduce the load, try to make a timetable with the least gaps.

Makise

HSC
N/A
You have a lot of time in between classes which is why your timetable looks pretty bad. If you can rearrange them so that they run consecutively/with as few gaps as possible then you'll spend much less time at uni, but I'm not sure if that's doable for your classes. Did you use Octangles/Rectangles to sort out your timetable?

Regarding whether you can skip that phys lecture, personally I skipped most of the lectures for the mechanics topic, but I definitely tried to attend all the waves and oscillations and thermo lectures because I pretty much had no idea what was going on for those. So basically you should be fine not going to that lecture for 6 weeks (mechanics) and recommend you go for the other 6 (waves + thermo). Just keep in mind that phys is the course most people have trouble with in first year, so if you decide to skip any lectures then make sure you go over that lecture's material ASAP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)