Timetable Question (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
dagwoman - you can go to any psych lectures. it doesn't matter what your timetable says, as they're repeated.
You can check out all possible times here, then go in and request some changes:

http://tt.timetable.auth.usyd.edu.au/~tim/timetable.html

I thought SCLG would be better bumped, because then you can go to your sociology lecture, then the 11am psych lecture, and perhaps to your sociology tute straight afterwards.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Thanks heaps.

i can choose whichever tut I want to go to right, so long as I stay commited to that tut from the first one onwards?

I'm confused about the link you've sent me, because it shows how many people are in each class, but how do they know who's chosen which class?

Last edited:

KarmaKitten

HSC
My timetable looks alright

Monday and friday off

although a phil tut and lecture on thursday evening.... im guessing ill be skipping that a lot

stazi

Nightman
HSC
dagwoman said:
Thanks heaps.

i can choose whichever tut I want to go to right, so long as I stay commited to that tut from the first one onwards?

I'm confused about the link you've sent me, because it shows how many people are in each class, but how do they know who's chosen which class?

you actually have to change into another tute by going to a designated location for timetable changes. if you scroll down, that link lists all possible tute and lecture times, thus you have a better understanding of what alternatives you could choose. you then go to the timetable changing place and request that they put you in one of the alternatives you see.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Am I right in thinking you can just pick and choose your lecture and tut times from the big lists of individual UOS times, or do you have to click on the "new timetable" button until the one you want pops up? Otherwise, they won't know what class I'm going to...

Sorry about this, I'm just really confused and worried that I've fucked mine over.

EDIT: thanks stazi, I think that answered my question.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
dagwoman said:
Am I right in thinking you can just pick and choose your lecture and tut times from the big lists of individual UOS times, or do you have to click on the "new timetable" button until the one you want pops up? Otherwise, they won't know what class I'm going to...

Sorry about this, I'm just really confused and worried that I've fucked mine over.

EDIT: thanks stazi, I think that answered my question.
you cant change them accurately online. there's a really really small chance that you'll get exactly the timetable that you want if you keep doing it online, as it'll keep redistributing your tutes based on their capacity.

YOU GO IN. INTO THE UNI. INSIDE THE BUILDING. as ive said twenty million times. They will build you a much better timetable. You can do this at the Madsen building until 4pm today. I will be going in too.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
karma - you could prob move some of your tutes around to bridge the gaps.

KarmaKitten

HSC
you mean the gap on thursday?
yeah i think there is a morning lec and tut that i could switch too instead of the late afternoon crap

lala2

Banned
HSC
it's out now. Here's mine. I think it's pretty good. because apart from a few weeks I have Friday half day.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
How many minutes do we have to get between classes that are back to back? I have to get from a sociology lecture in Eastern Avenue Auditorium to a psych lecture in Wallace.

Skeeta

HSC
I dont know about main campus, but we get about 10 minutes.

fush

HSC
u usually have up until 2nd week of uni. If you are happy with the timetable u have do not re-generate one cause there is a chance it will change before that time.

lectures and tutes normally finish 5 mins to the hour, and commence bout 5 mins past the hour.

Some tutors are bastards though so make sure ur on time for tutes especially.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
lala2 said:
it's out now. Here's mine. I think it's pretty good. because apart from a few weeks I have Friday half day.
What are you on about, that's a fucking horrid timetable :s

fush

HSC
oh heres mine by the way, its the bomb! for eng/comm anyway

lala2

Banned
HSC
waf, it's not as intense as I feared it to be. Unfortunaetly I can't get a day off--there are lectures every day. I'm trying to fit a workshop into the 3 hour gap on Thursdays. If you look carefully, the workshop which ends at 6 on Monday only happens in Week 11. But I've learnt my lesson to never mess with the timetable online feature again. I'll go in on O-Week to try to make it better. The Wed workshop only happens twice this semester, and yeah--look at the Friday workshops, they only happen a few times this semester.

Skeeta

HSC
My timetable WAS horribly horrid, but I managed to shuffle some of my tutorial times. I dont ACTUALLY have wednesday and friday off though. Those are the days that I spend in the on-campus clinic.

So its sort of a really shit timetable. I have NO idea when i'm going to be able to work during the week :(

fush

HSC
skeeta, out of curiosity, what is the subject 'Swallowing' you have on ur timetable ???:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)