Timing of Trains (1 Viewer)

vincent26

HSC
N/A
Im just wondering if its possible to get to uni from the station in 7 minutes...or is it more advisable to catch an early one that gets me there 37mins before the lecture starts

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Depends what part of the uni you're heading to but i can make it from the station to Price Theatre (western end) in about 4-5 minutes.

shifty-Asian

HSC
Did you take into account that lectures start 5 minutes past the hour? That gives you some time...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Im just wondering if its possible to get to uni from the station in 7 minutes...or is it more advisable to catch an early one that gets me there 37mins before the lecture starts
I've found its always nice to get there before, especially if its the first class, to get a drink/food/coffee

ascentyx

HSC
Yeah like most people have said don't worry about being a little bit late to lectures. I would only advise coming earlier on assessment days etc.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
oh lol,
well yeah..

we're expected to be made of money, after we get great jobs, after we graduate...
then you gotta pay=)
nah it was more that asylum is actually pretty piss poor atm.

Atlas

HSC
N/A
a) come early and talk to people/friends before the lecture

b) come late and walk in with confidence not like those asians who try to sneak in asif they are in trouble
LOL some lecturers pop a vein if you're late to their classes...

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
LOL some lecturers pop a vein if you're late to their classes...
This confuses me a bit, actually...

Everyone says they don't spoon feed you in uni and that it's all independent and free, yet some lecturers get angry at you for insignificant stuff like that...

I get that it's showing respect and stuff and that lecturers should care about their students education, but if I was in the lecturers shoes (and one day I hope to be) I wouldn't care at all. At the end of the day, it's their loss. Of course, I'd personally help the tardy student should they come up to me after the lecture and ask what they missed, and I wouldn't expect an explanation or justification about their lateness.

Am I alone on this one?

On topic however, I'm in a similar situation. I'd rather make 100% sure that I was on time and take the earlier train though.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
This confuses me a bit, actually...

Everyone says they don't spoon feed you in uni and that it's all independent and free, yet some lecturers get angry at you for insignificant stuff like that...

I get that it's showing respect and stuff and that lecturers should care about their students education, but if I was in the lecturers shoes (and one day I hope to be) I wouldn't care at all. At the end of the day, it's their loss. Of course, I'd personally help the tardy student should they come up to me after the lecture and ask what they missed, and I wouldn't expect an explanation or justification about their lateness.

Am I alone on this one?

On topic however, I'm in a similar situation. I'd rather make 100% sure that I was on time and take the earlier train though.
You disrupt the class nothing about spoon feeding, and why would you help the tardy students, that'd be spoon feeding.

scarf

HSC
You disrupt the class nothing about spoon feeding, and why would you help the tardy students, that'd be spoon feeding.
simply using the back door n ensuring you enter quieting generally is the way as opposed to walking in the front, letting the door slam, or talking when u enter...

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
I was more looking at it from the perspective that MAYBE the tardy student was late due to uncontrollable circumstances. Lecturers are there to help after all, and if the students feels remorse for being late and cares enough about their education to enquire about what they missed, why shouldn't they help?

"Sorry I was late, sir. Was there anything important that I missed?"
"Well we went through *insert initial topic here*. If you read through the lecture notes as well as looking for extra information in your textbook, I am sure you won't be disadvantaged."

Just something simple like that. I don't think that's spoon feeding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)