Tips for the new year 12 (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Its easy to get an awesome UAI. Consistent study is the key.
When you are cramming at the last minute you WILL realise how easy the work is and that you could have killed the exam had you given yourself more time...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
dont get worked up about the hsc because its not what you are made to believe it is... seriously...

Oh oh, thats a good one. Exam time is nowhere near as stressful as people make it out to be. I have felt very relaxed over the exam period, probably because I was expecting it to be this massive thing when it wasn't. If you are prepared you will actually enjoy it (in the sick, twisted way that I seem to).

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Yeah, exactly. The HSC is way too overrated in my opinion. It's just a few little 2 or 3 hour exams. Definitely not worth stressing over

StJoeysGal

Dont give up... i worked really hard in yr 11 but by the end i was over it all so i did pretty much nuthin all of yr 12.. the 5 weeks after the trials i didnt even go to class and then when it came to studyin for the hsc was shitting myself..

to help the yr 10s too down worry bout yr 11 wait to yr 12 to b workin ur ass off.. dont fuck up ur assessment ranks like me.

Also dont let boys distract you, i started sittin wit my boy in math and all they ever did is muck around n do no work and lets just say my marks were looking as good as theirs was. 1 test my bf got 1 1/2 n i got 4 1/2 outta 26 try n sit wit the smart ppl or the ppl that wanna do work they can help motivate you.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
You don't really need to do hardcore study over these upcoming holidays.

Just do a little bit each day, and you'll be surprised at how much of a difference it can make.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Dash

Just do a little bit each day, and you'll be surprised at how much of a difference it can make.
yeah, try to do some study, especially if ur catching up- something i didn't do when my january holidays came abt. :chainsaw:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
1) DON'T PROCRASTINATE
Get your fat ass off the couch

If you can do that you will be easily an A student

Thats all there is don't pocrastinate and study
yeah i second that, i think thats what it comes down to, if u want a top uai, do not procrastinate, and "just study"- thats all there is to it. :eek:

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by Dash
what?????// NO WAY!!!!!!! DONT study these holidays? are you kidding me.... i didnt touch a book during the 6 week break... please its not necessary... just in the last couple of weeks do the assessments that need to be done and THATS IT! no STUDY....

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Change your password to some random numbers...
Leave this site immedaitely...
Erase all memory of this site from your head...
:D

Discipline is the key, manage and plan your studies so you can enjoy your last year of school. Have a particular goal helps, and assess how much work you need to do accordingly. You don't need to study all day, and having books as your only memory of year 12 isnt good. Don't Stress and Have Fun:D

specifically,
phys/chem: get as many textbooks and resources as you can, dont rely on your teacher, learn all the stuff yourself....ahead of the class if possible by making notes(not just a summary, but extended notes) on each dot point. use your teacher for specific queries.

Maths: do not fall behind(learned the hard way haha). Do exercises consistently... try to link all topics together ... never let something youve learnt earlier slip from your memory, challenge yourself...try and learn methods of approaching certain problems so you dont have to "work each 1 out".

Generally, you should have finished everything by yourself by your trials..... do your past trials(esp. your own schools) before your trials. Don't use your actual trial to test techniques for the hsc. Do past trials under exam conditions to test different approaches whatever...afterwards practice various past trials and HSC papers regularly. When the HSC comes, you should b well versed in the sort of q u should expect...and just dust up the various obscure knowledge things(eg those cram dot pts in science)

Last edited:
N

ND

Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
Don't use your actual trial to test techniques for the hsc.
Oh yeh that reminds me of one: don't try a different technique in the hsc without making sure it actually works. (i learnt this the hard way)

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
I'm pretty sure you still would get high hsc mark, which would further mean high scaled mark, so you'll still be well :D.

Anyways, my tip is to never touch starcraft, warcraft, diablo, age-of-whatever of the sort, counter-strike etc. They steal your time away.

Second tip, make friends with the teachers, because they tell you what you need to study (free tutor), they show the mind of markers, and the last but not least, there is a chance you'll grow a "teacher's favourite points". The higher the level, the more chance of you getting free marks. Good luck! :D

sneeble

Thanks guys, there are great tips here. Important to remember that everyone needs to tailor then to suit their goals and study methods!

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Balance it out....it helps at the end, when you nearing to your actual HSC exam and feel sick of study, notes, subjects and generally year 12. So reach a equilibrium with study and non-study.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by ND
Oh yeh that reminds me of one: don't try a different technique in the hsc without making sure it actually works. (i learnt this the hard way)
yes, which is: don't do the 4u maths paper backwards. :p

but, don't worry abt. ur gonna kill it anyway. :)

Last edited:

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
if u are a lazy person and thinking about doing 4u maths....DO NOT THINK ABOUT IT!!!

maths is a lot of work....it is constant study.....
unless u are willing to spend over 3hrs a day on maths don't do 4u maths...

the hsc is easy if your smart, not in the way of brains, but in the way how you plan your work....how u manage to study everything and work constantly!

the first few assignments are the most important ones because everyone would be lazy and won't work as hard! this is your change to get a hard start and get a good rank! once your a head, no one can catch up to you

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
in my christmas holidays i wrote notes out for topic 1 of phys and chem, and got my aos stuff for english under wraps

its about 5-6 weeks of holidays, 1-2 hours, 3-4 times in a week doesnt hurt

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
yeah, the kids who did well in my skool, actually used these holidays very well....they used it to catch up and consolidate and also to get ahead of the class....they ended up finishing the course bfore the trials, even though some of our classes didn't even end up finishing the course bfore the hsc. :eek:

Universal

HSC
N/A
My tip is remember... the hsc is not everything, nor is it the most important thing that will ever happen to you, so make sure you go out and have some fun aswell.
Straight line advice = attend all classes, and basically know the syllabus back to front over and out.

chris42

HSC
Yeah, the HSC isn't everything, the most important thing is to find a balance between schoolwork and fun. And ask questions on this forum and your teachers. I found if you asked lots of questions that you didn't understand, you got the concpet eventually :)

And I found the most important thing is organisation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)