Tips for Year 11 Preliminary Students (1 Viewer)

tiary

HSC
If anyone has any good advise or tips that are related to the ENGLISH (standard), (advanced) subjects, please let us know what you got on mind, since most of you guys have qualified for the HSC and actually been through the syllabus.
So please spare out some of your time and let us know what is the "dont do's" and the "do's" related to english.
Thanks

HSC
When you do work in english it appears too be quiet boring

Don't sidetrack, try too relate what you're learning in english too reall life

and enjoy year 11! i wish i was back too start it again and try harder

jessb87

HSC
dont do work ..or only do work that will pass u into year 12 ..year 11 is kinda like year 9 u dont really need to do that much work to pass to year 10....just bludge until year 12 ahah well thats my advise any ways

B

badhairday

yeh year 11 english is just a lead up to year 12. Its nothing too serious too get worried over. Basically, its another year in preparation for the H.S.C.
Its probably a year where you should fine tune your writing style and expand your knowledge of english techniques, etc..
treat it just like any other english year i guess.

azza_3761

HSC
i'd suggest practising essay's if you are not too confindent about doing them other wise i'd agree with the others that you really only need to do work that will let u pass Yr11

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
Always stick to the question using the right verb (such as Explain, Analyse, Discuss etc.), and explain how Language Forms, Features and Structures demonstrate the composers concerns within the topic area you are studying, and you should become a highly-ranked English student :)

It took me ages to realise this, and consequently my marks averaged about 40%, but once I got into the rhythm of doing it my average jumped to over 65% in every assessment and my ranks more than halved!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)