Tips on how to succeed in university (1 Viewer)

LolaBell

HSC
Hi,
going to start uni this year and would appreciate it if you guys could give me some tips on how to succeed.
Also what do you do to ensure good time management & keeping work organised and under control

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Motivation.

There's no tips. It's the same thing as HSC. You do your work. You revise the content. You do what is expected and told of you. You do your homework. You keep up with what's in lectures.

Hard bit is finding the motivation to find the time to do those things.

HSC
Uni Grad
Also think about how to do well in the span of 13 weeks. It's a lot harder than HSC coz you have so much less time in uni.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Plan all of your assessments in advance as soon as you get your unit guides; when semester really starts to gear up it can be so easy allocate your time poorly.

forgot

HSC
Uni Grad
Make sure your up to date in everything, and don't put off things until later- once you receive something, plan and try finishing off things as soon as you get them. And don't skip lectures or tutorials, otherwise you will have to catch up on everything and as written above you only have 13 weeks, so time is really precious. good luck

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
ilecture always seems like a good idea at the time, but come exam period when you're staring down the barrel of 20 hours accumulated ilecture debt, you will want to kill yourself.

forgot

HSC
Uni Grad
ilecture always seems like a good idea at the time, but come exam period when you're staring down the barrel of 20 hours accumulated ilecture debt, you will want to kill yourself.
so true.. never fall for the temptation

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Attend your lectures anyway. I mean, might as well attend in person when you're supposed to rather than try and find an hour or two later on when it is less convenient.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
If you are doing Engineering or some kind of Science you should get familiar with Khanacademy, PatrickJMT (for maths) and a few other youtube channels.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Learn how to think outside of the box.

The best students will not rote learn content.

RishBonjour

HSC
One question:
- If your degree is 3 years, in your final test will you be tested on all that you learnt for three years or just that year?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
One question:
- If your degree is 3 years, in your final test will you be tested on all that you learnt for three years or just that year?
what final test

there's no final test. there's just exams every semester for the subjects you do.

this guy

michaeljennings

HSC

yea pretty much this, i studied heaps more in sem 1 compared with sem 2 but my wam for sem 2 was 8 higher than my sem 1 wam

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
stay up to date and understand everything you're meant to

easier said than done

Aysce

HSC

How do you actually develop this skill before university though? :/

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How do you actually develop this skill before university though? :/
Just don't go into university expecting to get the best marks on the basis of remembering everything.

Enter with the mindset that what you are taught will act as tools to solve problems (i.e. assessments and exams). University assessments and exams are not conducive to plain old memory dumps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)