TO ALL PROCRASTINATORS (2014'ers and beyond) (1 Viewer)

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
Hey 2014'ers (and 2014+'ers), so you're reached your final year of high school and maybe you're feeling a bit anxious about the upcoming year. Lots of work to do? Daunting ATAR aims?

Well, I guess the biggest thing stopping you from studying and getting the results you want is PROCRASTINATION. You put off doing maths homework in favour of watching the latest movie or stalking your facebook friends. Well, I recently wrote up an article discussing the difference between Short-term Pleasure and Long-term Fulfillment and I think it would help you guys out and get you motivated and dedicated.

Most ‘recreational activities’ in our daily lives are acts of pleasure. It’s not just drugs like alcohol or cigarettes. It’s the things that are so integrated in our lifestyles that we don’t realize how self-destructive they are. They prevent us from improving ourselves and helping others.

Shopping sprees. Excessive food. Social media. Facebook. TV shows. Casual sex.

It’s all novelty. It’s all consumption. And each and every pleasure forms an addiction and dependency. Temporary solutions to a lack of fulfillment in our lives. Temporary solutions that lead to permanent problems.
[url]http://escape38.com/pleasure-vs-fulfillment/[/URL]

Hopefully by the end of the read I at least made you question the way you view your procrastination habits. Year 12 doesn't have to be a boring and work-filled year. You can make it a journey to build yourself and prepare for the world to come after high-school. Enjoy it and try not to waste too much time doing nothing, haha :D

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
This is so good!!

I think people forget how important wellbeing is when they tackle things like the HSC.

+1!!!

braintic

HSC
N/A
I always feel like procrastinating, but I keep putting it off until tomorrow.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Why didnt you put this up sooner

Kowther

HSC
I've been procrastinating ever since I was little. Habits didn't change for year 12 either. Oops.

Yes. 2014ers, don't procrastinate otherwise it's too much time lost!

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Hey 2014'ers (and 2014+'ers), so you're reached your final year of high school and maybe you're feeling a bit anxious about the upcoming year. Lots of work to do? Daunting ATAR aims?

Well, I guess the biggest thing stopping you from studying and getting the results you want is PROCRASTINATION. You put off doing maths homework in favour of watching the latest movie or stalking your facebook friends. Well, I recently wrote up an article discussing the difference between Short-term Pleasure and Long-term Fulfillment and I think it would help you guys out and get you motivated and dedicated.

[url]http://escape38.com/pleasure-vs-fulfillment/[/URL]

Hopefully by the end of the read I at least made you question the way you view your procrastination habits. Year 12 doesn't have to be a boring and work-filled year. You can make it a journey to build yourself and prepare for the world to come after high-school. Enjoy it and try not to waste too much time doing nothing, haha :D
Excellent post :)

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
To be honest 2014'ers, a lot can change in two years. If you put your mind to it you will do it.
And you do need to take a break once in a while, once a week or so (unless you need 99.95).

lolwot

HSC
How do I fix that? I'm pretty sure there's no malware/suspicious scripts on the site.
When I run it through this virus scanner https://www.virustotal.com/#url the only site that detects anything is trendmicro. Tried it on google as well, and it was clean.
if you put the website it and hit check --> scroll down and you can do a reclassify request
or you can go on forums http://community.trendmicro.com/t5/Malware-Discussions/Website-Reclassification-MUST-READ/td-p/7198

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC

MissSquiggly

HSC
N/A
Yeah! I keep wondering why I enjoy procrastinating so much.
But I think having around 15 minute breaks between studying is helping :D
TRY IT~~~ Da da da daaa

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
Yeah! I keep wondering why I enjoy procrastinating so much.
But I think having around 15 minute breaks between studying is helping :D
TRY IT~~~ Da da da daaa
Yeah, I usually can't study for more than an hour. When I get restless, I usually get up and do something else for a while.

Also, I remember reading that sleep is used to sort out our memories. A nap after studying could potentially help your brain soak all the information in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)