To combine with Arts, or not to combine with Arts. (1 Viewer)

Mr. Blonde

HSC
Right now I'm doing B. Eco and considering switching to Eco./Arts next year. My reason for this is purely to satisfy my interest in pursuing arsty subjects to add a little variety to my life and indulge in literary pleasures...but the extra 2 years puts a bit of a downer on it.

In terms of getting a job later on, would having just a B.Ec make that much difference to having a combined degree with Arts? Is it really worth doing the extra 2 years?

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
the only reason for you to combine with arts is because you want to do a language or maybe to pursue politics.

other than that it might be for general interest.

im dropping arts if that helps because id rather just do a random selection of interesting subjects through economics liberal studies.

danielvh

HSC
How do you get rid of an arts graduate on your doorstep?

You pay for the pizza. ;)

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
i've been told that combined degrees are preferred by many graduate employers as they can see that you've had a much more diverse educational experience etc.

but having said that, if you're a great candidate it won't matter that much, so it's really up to you - it's really a toss-up between time and your interests.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)