To continue Accelerated Maths! URGENT! (1 Viewer)

cthulu

HSC
Hey guys I have a very important question, I am unsure to continue Accelerated Maths or not. My teacher recommends to not and has told the head teacher and is going to call my parents that I shouldn't go through because I have done very bad this year in the Preliminaries and it is very discouraging. Next week is my yearlies and I don't think I'll do well in the 3 Unit because I do not get how to do the majority of the questions but I think I'll be able to do decent in 2 Unit. I myself want to complete just to show my teacher that I am not that dumb as I just was extremely stupid and did not constantly study, I also was unable to make it to some early lessons because of transportation issues.

Should I continue and if I do how the hell do I climb out of this hole I have dug for myself? Any tips appreciated.

Thanks.

si2136

HSC
N/A
What are your average raw marks for 2U/3U?

cthulu

HSC
What are your average raw marks for 2U/3U?
Currently 60%/40% BUT during the start of the year till half yearlies it was 90%/80%. I believe if I focus I can get high marks probably in @U but not in 3U for the yearlies.

si2136

HSC
N/A
Currently 60%/40% BUT during the start of the year till half yearlies it was 90%/80%. I believe if I focus I can get high marks probably in @U but not in 3U for the yearlies.
Well do your yearlies and then think about it honestly.

I recommend at least 75-80% in 3U.

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
I'd do it but you're teacher is recommending you drop because he's unsure whether you are personally prepared to do the amount of work required to keep up with doing an accelerated course and your original Preliminary HSC course.

Honestly, try your heart out for this upcoming exam but if you're set with continuing, sit down with your teacher and show him how much study you are going to do, give him past exam papers that reflect your hard work and try your best to improve yourself.

kashkow

HSC
To get yourself out of the "hole" you've gotten yourself into you're really going to need to put time and effort into it, just as you would if you wanted to excel in anything.

> Study (in the areas you're weak at; You may want to do this only after doing some past papers, but you could do it both before and after)
> Sit Past papers
> Self mark past papers to identify the weak areas
> Study these areas
> Apply yourself to more questions until confident;
> Work your way through each topic this way, one by one (if time permits) until confident - you may want to make a list
> Rake in the results

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Fastest way right now is to get a decent tutor to help you efficiently revise all that you don't know.

cthulu

HSC
Thank you very much guys, I think I might continue and look for a decent tutor around my area and do revision over the holidays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)