To drop Society and Culture or not to..that is the question.now give me answers.pleas (1 Viewer)

hobbsy-gal

HSC
Ok im asking around atm
im trying to decide whether to keep my 13 units or drop Society and culture and pick up extension history
atm im doin 3 unit english, 2 unit mathamatics, Society and culture, modern, ancient and biology

im considering droping SAC....as i dnt fink i cod handle the open ended PIP...
gah what to do

So those hav done SAC and Extension History HELP !!!!!!
and those who have completed 13units for the HSC
i need ur thoughts
what do u fink i shod do?

cccclaire

HSC
I've done neither SAC nor extension history, but scaling wise extension history is a much better choice.
What it really comes down to is what you enjoy.

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
but u do 3units of english.. u can easily bullcrap ur way through the PIP. :)

i'd advise you to keep society and culture but if you're thinking grade wise then i agree with claire.

Last edited:

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
cs01001 said:

Personal Interest project - its the major work for Society and Culture worth 30%

its one heck of a paper you oughta write.

HSC
Re: To drop Society and Culture or not to..that is the question.now give me answers.p

i know about 80% of your internal marks in extension history is your major work..not sure wat the point in saying that is but i guess you ought to know...

if you dont think you can handle sac and extension history then drop sac.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
the PIP is tough but so rewarding at the end and with your good knowledge of english you can breeze through the rest of the SAC course without even having to study half as much as you would need to for extension history.

but that being said extension history would scale better BUT if you can get a high band 6 in SAC it would balance out anyway so it really comes down to which subject you enjoy most.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)