To past state-ranked students, did you guys stress? (1 Viewer)

Toniily

HSC
alright so basically, im just curious... did you state-rankers stress during the time leading to the hsc trials/offical exam, or were you free minded and relaxed?

lawstu

HSC
Yeah? I work better with stress. It feels strange when things aren't reasonably stressful.

Everyone has a different performance curve (Yerkes–Dodson law). Some stress and perform. Others don't stress and perform.

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
I have a few friends who accelerated in subjects and got state ranks. One got top 10 in chemistry and the other got top 20 for mathematics 2U.
They were really motivated guys, but I don't think that they were stressed during their exams. I remember asking them about it and they said that it really just comes down to going over past papers and familiarizing yourself with the different questions.

I reckon people who strive to do their best end up achieving state ranks, while people studying specifically for the 'state-rank status' end up shooting themselves in the foot through all the unnecessary pressure and stress they put on themselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)