To the SMH Reporter or other VIP (1 Viewer)

chriscity1

Okay I've have gotten over my bitterness and negativity. In the trials Iwas in the top five of my class so maybe I didn't do so bad after all. Although I doubt it.

Bye bye High UAI (There I go again)

mojako

HSC
Archman said:
I'm lazy.*yawn*
oh well u dont need to study
btw how many minutes did u have left??

Last edited:

mishka

HSC
N/A
ok, so now there's people fighting over a frickin exam....great....

Archman

HSC
N/A
mojako said:
btw how many minutes did u have left?
like 15 i think (spent too much time decoding the ultra crappily worded 7(a) )

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
chriscity1 said:
Okay I've have gotten over my bitterness and negativity. In the trials Iwas in the top five of my class so maybe I didn't do so bad after all. Although I doubt it.

Bye bye High UAI (There I go again)
oh well bo hoo.
at least you realised you were wrong thats all i care.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
hmm yah i agree with withoutaface+lion+xayama+whoeva ...todays test wasnt wot it could of been, it could of been much harder...its all about how hard u work for it, unless ur naturally talented , u must work for the marks u want...

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
chriscity1 said:
To the SMH reporter or other VIP who reads this I have a few things I would like to say.

1) Use your reporting or other executive power to influence the board of studies. They should not make exams sooo hard that we can't do it and then scale them up. What does that prove? We are getting dumber?

2) If you really want to differentiate between the 20 or so mega nerds who can get question seven and all the others who have worked hard but can't....why not just create a fifth unit or something. Or a least give us more time in the exam.

I am confident you will use your power to change a system that I had the honour of failing miserably in- despite my hard work.
lol... hard my maths teacher said it was easy... i would like 2 know what your definition of work is?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
the test needs to be able to differentiate between the top, say 2% and the rest, thus a hard question is required...however, the board shouldnt use this as an excuse to set a hard tests (personally, i dont think this yrs one was, i'm more referring to last years 2U), as a hard test, even if it scales well, can be confidance shattering.

balance is the key.

thus, i sit on the fence!

eska

HSC
N/A
lol too hard do 2 unit then,, society always cruel , so we can challenge ourselves

the strong lives the weak suffers.

the exam isnt everthing so is the result.

but doesnt matter wat it is, as longer u learnt something.

by next year we all grow, but in differenet direction.

Last edited:

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
mojako said:
btw how many minutes did u have left?

also I have insiders' info that.. the school who topped 4U last year have good potential to.. maybe not top it since theres u, but 1 person has potential to get 119 in ext2 and maybe full marks in ext1
so SMH reporters may want to know this :p
and he's lazy too :p
well most maths pros dont study
only the above-average ones that do
How the hell do you know he could have got 119?
Anyway, I've got money riding on him topping either 3 or 4 unit. 5 bucks either way, so Ivan. Die. Oh, and Laurie, die. I need the 5 bucks.

FOCUS:

The exams should be set in such a way that everyone is differentiated equally. You get your people at the bottom with the 3 or 4 gimmie marks, and you get the people at the top who can't answer maybe 1 or 2 marks worth of questions. Letting everyone get 90% will destroy any hope of people getting a fair ranking, and thus stuffing up people's UAI's. Bad Idea.

Last edited:

eska

HSC
N/A
lol anyway i m happy wat i got

i failed my expetection of 80s intead now 70s =( but i deserved, i didnt work really hard, it's true, i should be getting this,

but it doesnt matter anymore

i learnt all the lessons i need. which is great

Popo Nana

eska said:
lol too hard do 2 unit then,, society always cruel to ppl, so we can challenge it

the strong lives the weak , needs work harder or else suffer. (hate this statement but it's too nature, u ought to live with it and fight with it)

the exam isnt everthing so is the result.

but doesnt matter wat it is, as longer u learnt something.

by next year we all grow, but in differenet direction.
I understood the last two sentences, but WTF were you talking about before that?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
^ Yea... was a bit... hard to read.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
stop fkn crying over how "hard" it was

chacnes are, lotsa other ppl will find it hard too

and im with rorix.. how the hell do we determine whos gunna top... if we have q7 the same as q1

oh puhleez

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
lol
university lecturers write the maths exams
and anyone of them will take pride when students complain that the exams are too hard!
they love it when the media says crap about them

in fact, last year's 2u paper how everyone was complaining about the difficulty, lol the lecturer who wrote that paper has the news paper article stuck on his door

eska

HSC
N/A
Popo Nana said:
I understood the last two sentences, but WTF were you talking about before that?

........sometime my slef doesnt know wat the heck i was saying,,

Giant Lobster

HSC
redslert said:
lol
university lecturers write the maths exams
and anyone of them will take pride when students complain that the exams are too hard!
they love it when the media says crap about them

in fact, last year's 2u paper how everyone was complaining about the difficulty, lol the lecturer who wrote that paper has the news paper article stuck on his door
hahahaha pro

i rahter do an exam where i wholeheartedly try my best to get only 50% than to do an exam where i can do everything but because of stupid human error can never get 100% while some idiot textbook guy tops the state cos hes more careful than me and gets full marks even though he knows shit and has no passion for the course.
i.e. hard exams = better. more fulfilling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)