Tongue piercings: cool or nasty? (1 Viewer)

Tongue piercings: hot or not?

• Completely Hot!

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Completely Not!

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Alright on the right person

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Only good for those who give head!

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Ok so I got a voucher for a beauty salon not so long ago, and I was flicking through a book of things they do, and one of them was tongue piercings. Now, back in high school I really wanted to get this done, but wasn't allowed to incase something when wrong and it messed up my study for the HSC. Then I kinda got over it and forgot about it.

Moral of the story is this voucher has made me think, but upon mentioning it to my boyfriend, brothers and my boyfriend's mother I have been met with pretty horrified reactions. I guess to look at me you wouldn't pick me for someone who would want/have a tongue piercing, and it has been pointed out to me that it doesnt look good on a prospective lawyer.

I guess Im just interested in everyone's perception of them. Whether people think they are cool or nasty or skanky or ok or whatever.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
i dont really care if people get peircings or tats or whatever.... there are only two i would cringe about- eyebrow and lip. *shudder* i think they look gross.
but to answer your question, a friend of mine had her tongue peirced and it looks pretty cool. she says its sometimes a hassle eating certain foods and in the beginning it hurt and she had issues with it, but now, s'all good.
several girls at my school have them, i dont think anyone's met with serious complications.
even if you were a prospective lawyer, you could get one done and take it out when needs be... but really, people dont notice it unless you stick your tongue right out or you're playing with it. it's not a very visible piercing most of the time.
:)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I've heard about the trouble people have with eating after they get it done, they weren't allowed to eat spicy food.

I'm indifferent about tongue-piercings on other people, but I would never get it done mainly because I get goosebumps just thinking about having a metal thing poked through my tongue, also because I find it extremely unnecessary (people don't see it unless you walk around sticking your tongue out) and not extremely attractive.

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
its alright on some people.. but yeh its your choice..
tounge rings always remind me of this gay guy i met tho :/:/

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
i really want to get mine done, but my mum wont let me, id have to leave home... grrr. i think it looks good. you mostly cant tell its there unless the person pokes out there tongue and stuff.
i think they look good, though.
i sooo wanna get it done!

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
quote from pulp fiction:

"[my tongue piercing is] a sex thing" :p

i have no problems with it, but i dont think i'd have the guts to get one myself - the idea of getting such a thick layer pierced doesn't really appeal to me

alby

cool duckie
HSC
UGFighter said:
Is it fair to assume that all people who have tongue rings give head? :p
that's like asking if its fair to assume that all girls are sluts! the link doesnt mean a thing. i mean sure, some do/are..but only some

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Hmm ive been interested in the whole get something pierced for almost a year now, but as yet I havent. I think i might try a tongue piercing...that or an eyebrow :)

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
i love piercings.... but i basically have to limit them to ears, nose and belly... which is shitty.
but i make myself happy by piercing my ears as many times as i can.. 6 so far and counting..

Last edited:

mr_brightside

HSC
PerfectByNature said:
i love piercings.... but i basically have to limit them to ears, nose and belly... which is shitty.
Damn...
you could get a tongue piercing without anyone noticing :p ;)

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
hahaha. so funny. i wish i could... but it swells up for about... hmm, a week i think and i also talk with my mouth really wide open all the time... i cant help it.

mr_brightside

HSC
okay...just a suggestion...
i know people that have pulled it off..

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
lol.yeah. i wish i could get away with it... grrr. but two of my friends that got it done, you could tell that they had it done... evil.
oh well, when i leave home ill get it done

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
i don't like the look of them now. i thought they looked kind of cool when i was in yr.9ish but now i don't think theyre worth it. and u speak with a lisp for the first few weeks if u do get it done. i reckon heaps of ear piercings looks good.but thats bout it.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I won't even get my ears pierced, so a tongue piercing is very much out of the question. On other people, I'm indifferent to them.

Skeeta

HSC
i think theyre ok. a bit different which is cool

i wanted to get one except the metal ball can ruin your teeth (and after thousands of dollars on braces, i'm not going to ruin them) and also, im gonna be a speech therapist in a few years, i doubt its something thats going to further my career

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)