too far behind? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

= Jennifer =

HSC
i was just wandering where everyone is up to it took us a term and a half to do maintaining a balance and we just have done a bit of blueprint of life.

should i go ahead and teach my self? any tips

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
maintaining a balance is IMO the hardest core topic. its good that your teacher is taking the time to go over it.

id say just read ahead, and just see if you can get the general vibe of the next couple of topics.

cko

HSC
if it's your entire class that's behind then i wouldn't worry because it's not like you're going to get half yearly exam questions on stuff you havn't learnt (my half yearlies aren't till term 2). even if u are behind then ur teacher(s) will prolly just give u mini assighnments to take home and do yourself.

HSC
wowww...you guys are pretty damn behind...but like what babydoll said, maintaining a balance is porbably the hardest core topic. Anyway, bio is one of those subjects that you can really just learn by yourselves...so i suggest u just read ahead. what are you doing for your option topic?

jesshika

supreme being
Originally posted by = Jennifer =
i was just wandering where everyone is up to it took us a term and a half to do maintaining a balance and we just have done a bit of blueprint of life.

should i go ahead and teach my self? any tips

i'm in the same boat as you jen ....don't worry. ... we are like up to Sutton and Boveri only ...
but i turst my teacher to finish the whole hsc course well and truly before the hsc

= Jennifer =

HSC
Originally posted by jesshika
i'm in the same boat as you jen ....don't worry. ... we are like up to Sutton and Boveri only ...
but i turst my teacher to finish the whole hsc course well and truly before the hsc
we are not up to that we are still on the success on mendel's experiment

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
uhm... in anycase, if the term finishes before your pace of goin over the syllabus, then you will need to study with urself... as long as you have a text book tis fine...

but i am sure ur teacher knows wut he/she is doin... aprt from at then end of term, usually few pplz show up, even tis yr12 >.< '

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
teachers will usually give students the left over dot points as research tasks. as mentioned above somehwre, biology isnt a hard subject to study by yourself so it wouldnt hurt in going a bit ahead ;)

luckyduck

outa curosity how long should maintaining blance be?? if i was to tpye it out??
and blue print of life??
do you fink it a good idea to summarise three text book i got only a few pages so it'll be easy to study!?? instead of looking at all different books all the time

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
Originally posted by luckyduck
outa curosity how long should maintaining blance be?? if i was to tpye it out??
and blue print of life??
do you fink it a good idea to summarise three text book i got only a few pages so it'll be easy to study!?? instead of looking at all different books all the time
nope, i think its an even better idea to look at four or five different text books while you study, that way you get confused more.

if you were to type out the two core modules, they could be as long/short as a piece of string...

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
true, tis not good to summerise all 3 text books, but it is good (imo) to refer to as many text books as possible when making your notes... because that way, you actually learn ur stuff well...

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
my sis has just completed maintaining a balance in 5 weeks , moreover she doesn't need 2 make ne notes cos the teacher is providing everything.......this makes me feel i shud have gone 2 a private selective skool 2!!!

queenie

HSC
Originally posted by elizabethy
my sis has just completed maintaining a balance in 5 weeks , moreover she doesn't need 2 make ne notes cos the teacher is providing everything.......this makes me feel i shud have gone 2 a private selective skool 2!!!
wat school does ur sis go 2... a girl private selective school.... ascham... or the like? no wait, ascham ant selective.. *shrugs.. sydney gramma is the oly one i can think of but thats a guys school...

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
lemme guess, lemme guess... uhmmm

plc?? mlc?? that school at manly??

untamedanimal

You guys are pretty behind though. Our teacher said that we were behind, and we were supposed to have done 2 weeks of Search For a Better Health before the term ended.

queenie

HSC
Originally posted by xiao1985
lemme guess, lemme guess... uhmmm

plc?? mlc?? ]
hehe, their private (along with meriden), but they sure as hell ant selective ..

jesshika

supreme being
Originally posted by elizabethy
my sis has just completed maintaining a balance in 5 weeks , moreover she doesn't need 2 make ne notes cos the teacher is providing everything
lol ~ .. thats what my teacher does as well .. every lesson its like 10 sheets of printed photocopied notes.. we just highlight and discuss the main points ! .. then i go over it and summarise the notes into my own words

queenie

HSC
Originally posted by jesshika
lol ~ .. thats what my teacher does as well .. every lesson its like 10 sheets of printed photocopied notes.. we just highlight and discuss the main points ! .. then i go over it and summarise the notes into my own words

our teacher does jack all.. she pretty much is sittin down the entire lesson reading out of the book, and if we ask her to explain something, the first thing shell say is "what outcome is this" and read the answer/explanation outa excel or some other book.... either that or she 'pretends' not to hear us... no notes or anything.. and its a private school...

= Jennifer =

HSC
Originally posted by queenie
our teacher does jack all.. she pretty much is sittin down the entire lesson reading out of the book, and if we ask her to explain something, the first thing shell say is "what outcome is this" and read the answer/explanation outa excel or some other book.... either that or she 'pretends' not to hear us... no notes or anything.. and its a private school...
thats sounds very familiar

cko

HSC
that teacher sucks. Have a protest thing! that's what one of the chem classes in my grade did last year. They had this apparently really shotty teacher n they all got fed up and so they refused to go to class. The head teacher came n like stopped them but they weren't able to get rid of them. Maybe your class might do better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)