too late to restart major!? (1 Viewer)

anecdote

HSC
ahh help.
So I've hit a dead end with my art major, and I've hardly done much.
I kinda came up with another idea which is way better but...is it too late?
Help D:

anecdote

HSC
uuummm, well I HAD planned to do 3 canvases, so far I've done like a third of one which s only 30 inch x 30 inch so its not much...
Is on animal testing and stuff.

Alternatively, I was thinking of doing an animated film (which Ive had experience in and got good marks) on a different topic, probably childhood but yeah.

If I decide to go with the film, I'll have to dedicate these upcoming holidays towards redoing my VAPD and getting about 1-2 minutes done or something...

Any mroe info? haha

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
I'd just clear it with your class teacher beforehand; I know my best friend has undergone several interviews the several Art Teachers at my school in terms of their BOWs. But in all honesty, most of the Art students at my school have just done preliminary conceptual statements and research, and these holidays are just starting to begin the actual artistic process of their Majors.

If you're confident with film, then go with it! Trust me, once you've got another idea better than your first you'll begin to hate your original work. Better to change now and enjoy the major rather than hate it with everything you've got. Just aim to make a huge dent into your process journal, and have some drafts or completed works to show your teachers to get them in agreement with the idea. I'd be aiming to get quite a large proportion of it done soon! From memory your Majors are due sometime in August yes? So you've still got quite a bit of time, arguing that you're a committed and dedicated student with some guts! ;) Just work hard, and everything should be okay.

Best of luck! n_n

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yes, you can still change. Film takes a lot of commitment though. Make sure you're prepared to take the workload on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)