too many people aiming for 99.95? (1 Viewer)

Mrmellow

HSC
On a slightly more tangential note, in terms of work ethic, given that a person possess the capabilities to achieve a 99.95, how many hours would that person study? 5-6 hours? If you aimed for 99.95, would you have time for football (association), (Train 2hrs on tues and thurs game on satur)?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
On a slightly more tangential note, in terms of work ethic, given that a person possess the capabilities to achieve a 99.95, how many hours would that person study? 5-6 hours? If you aimed for 99.95, would you have time for football (association), (Train 2hrs on tues and thurs game on satur)?
I did about 10 hours of sports and 5 hours of EC's a week during school and got 96+.

But then again school was such a bludge. I do more now at uni and its a lot harder to juggle with extra things lol.

emilios

HSC
Lots of people will tell you you can, but I'm not sure to be honest. I definitely knew many of the stereotypical "super active" white people who were involved in tonnes of sports and EC's who got 99+, but 99.95 is really a whole 'nother demon. I think for .95 you really have to dedicate everything to your study, and I'm trying really hard to not hyperbolize it here. But at that point, you have to ask yourself, is it worth it?

I've given up a lot this year and to be honest I do feel quite unsatisfied and empty sometimes. When I got an ATAR estimate of 99.85 it really didn't do anything for me. The careers advisor could've said 99.05 and I would've felt the same, but what did feel different to me was the absence of footy, surfing, guitar, volunteer work and seeing my mates every other day.

mreditor16

HSC
Lots of people will tell you you can, but I'm not sure to be honest. I definitely knew many of the stereotypical "super active" white people who were involved in tonnes of sports and EC's who got 99+, but 99.95 is really a whole 'nother demon. I think for .95 you really have to dedicate everything to your study, and I'm trying really hard to not hyperbolize it here. But at that point, you have to ask yourself, is it worth it?

I've given up a lot this year and to be honest I do feel quite unsatisfied and empty sometimes. When I got an ATAR estimate of 99.85 it really didn't do anything for me. The careers advisor could've said 99.05 and I would've felt the same, but what did feel different to me was the absence of footy, surfing, guitar, volunteer work and seeing my mates every other day.
that is actually how I feel as well :)

Mrmellow

HSC

Yeah, I see what your gettin at. But then again, once the HSC is over and done with, I guess your social life would resume as usual.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah, I see what your gettin at. But then again, once the HSC is over and done with, I guess your social life would resume as usual.
In uni your social life will most likely get better and you'll be a bit more chilled in comparison to HSC (until its week 10 and then you start cramming about 25+ hours a week again despite having put in effort throughout the semester :haha:).

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
In uni your social life will most likely get better and you'll be a bit more chilled in comparison to HSC (until its week 10 and then you start cramming about 25+ hours a week again despite having put in effort throughout the semester :haha:).
So true, like if I was lazy I'd understand. But I actually worked hard and yet still, had to put in so much time for cramming.

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
I think for .95 you really have to dedicate everything to your study, and I'm trying really hard to not hyperbolize it here. But at that point, you have to ask yourself, is it worth it
If you end up with 99.90, you will forever have a niggling voice in the back of your head that says "if you'd just written one more practice essay..."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)