Too many textbooks (1 Viewer)

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
Eurgh. I just discovered today the true horror of textbooks. I've got them, had them since year 5, but they really pile them on in Year 12, eh?

My Ancient teacher gave us 4 today, there's more coming, and (my bag being small) I think I've done serious damage to both my right hand and shoulder from carrying them all the way home.

Who's got 'em, how many, what subjects, and which ones do you think you're actually going to need?

Kulazzi

HSC
yeah, some girls who are in the head teacher's class, I think already has all their related material and one of my friend also just got a pile of textbooks for ancient. Poor things.

Raginsheep

HSC
I haven't got much text books. Just a Yr 11 3u maths, Yr 12 3&4u maths and an eco textbook. Still waiting for my phy text book and we're apparently gonna get at least one more maths later on.

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
i am in year 10 and i have got a maths textbook and a science textbook for school.

astro

HSC
yeah kulazzi, we received all our english textbooks for year 12 today....and then there are the history books....

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Hell yes, I have got so many text books!
I have 2 for maths, my Modern DE work, Legal, Economics, English + the Tempest, my Ancient is coming next week and I have a huge book for Extension History!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Oh my god, I fucking hate people who come into forums just to say "you think X sucks now, well you haven't seen nothing yet. haw haw, I am so wise and mature". JUST STFU! I DON'T CARE WHAT IT'S LIKE IN UNI, I CARE WHAT IT'S LIKE *NOW*!

That said, I only have a Legal textbook so far, and sif English textbooks take up lots of room, you generally do one of them at a time! It's the same as bringing a book to read to school!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Haha, that's exactly it. Damn, I thought I was a little less transparent than that.

Excuse me, I'm off to have sex.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Yep. I had good reason, actually - I'm creating a tuition program for Music students, and this place has the target audience.

Kulazzi

HSC
Phanatical said:
I'm creating a tuition program for Music students, and this place has the target audience.
1. Doesn't seem like you're really very friendly, therefore you may not get a niche market
2. Man, you graduated 2 years ago. Stop posting in this thread, you're really not in year 11 anymore, stop making life more difficult and scary than it already is

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
glycerine said:
Oh my god, I fucking hate people who come into forums just to say "you think X sucks now, well you haven't seen nothing yet. haw haw, I am so wise and mature". JUST STFU! I DON'T CARE WHAT IT'S LIKE IN UNI, I CARE WHAT IT'S LIKE *NOW*!

That said, I only have a Legal textbook so far, and sif English textbooks take up lots of room, you generally do one of them at a time! It's the same as bringing a book to read to school!
No, my english textbook is actually a text book. Not a novel, which I have to take aswell.

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
it will get worse though... you'll end up accumulating many many more text books than the ones you have now, trust me

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Umm, then your teacher is a retard, you shouldn't be learning English out of textbooks. at best you should be using them to consolidate your knowledge at home. :s

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
glycerine said:
Umm, then your teacher is a retard, you shouldn't be learning English out of textbooks. at best you should be using them to consolidate your knowledge at home. :s
Where not "learning English out of a text book" its more a dictionary with exercises that we do if we don't know what a meaning is.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Well i do 2 languages which means u have 2 textbooks 4 each AHHH... so i have
English - Exercise book plus text
Legal 1 exercise book 1 textbook
French 1 exercise book 2 textbooks
Italian 1 exercise book 2 textbooks
Ipt 1 exercise book 2 textbooks

Which totals 2:
Exercise Books: 5
TextBooks 7

I know my friends do history and they have like 3 just 4 history

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
i have 2 eng books
2 maths texts
a chem text
an anicient
and 2 business studies text books
i wil get more english and hisory ones though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)