top 100 schools entry NSW (1 Viewer)

johnvas1

HSC
I'm in year 11 finishing up preliminary course

I was wondering if I'm able to take a test or apply for any top 100 schools for the HSC course.

and when u do the prelim standard course are u able to do the adv english hsc course?

Mdzabakly

HSC
Im pretty sure your school would let you change ( but only if you got like the top marks in standard or they'll be like ... " prob cant handle it")

madharris

HSC
N/A
Im pretty sure your school would let you change ( but only if you got like the top marks in standard or they'll be like ... " prob cant handle it")
This

A few top standard kids at my school changed to advanced for HSC.

With your question about changing schools, you'd have to check with the school to see if they are accepting year 12 students as all of them would be different

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
1. You would most likely need to be at the top of Standard for them to let you change into Advanced.
2. Most schools don't accept new students in year 12, especially selective schools.

johnvas1

HSC
so getting 1st in standard will allow me to do it?

+ Are there any schools that you know about that will allow me top 100, 200 any.

johnvas1

HSC
and what is the difference in scaling between adv and standard?

lets say i ranked 1-5/100 kids in standard and like 15-16/30 in advanced wat would be better?

ExcelHSC

HSC
and what is the difference in scaling between adv and standard?

lets say i ranked 1-5/100 kids in standard and like 15-16/30 in advanced wat would be better?
ofcourse being first in standard is much better.

Mdzabakly

HSC
ofcourse being first in standard is much better.
actually thats wrong.
E.g. what if the 15-16 advance kids are all really good, but the standard class is a dud, therefore getting first in standard would be easy but it may be harder to get 15-16,.
i guess it may be better if your like Genius in standard ( that way you get high moderated ass and ext and end up beating the adv kids)
so it depends on the situation

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
i came third in prelim standard and they pushed me into adv but i was the only one.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
i came third in prelim standard and they pushed me into adv but i was the only one.
wow really? I always thought you couldn't go up into adv english, but could always drop down into standard from advanced

Mdzabakly

HSC
but what if the standard class is full of intelligent people?
well if the standard class is filled with intelligent people and your 1st in that class, you should be in adv 0-0.
( also just 2 say not sure if inteligence means will do well in english)

wow really? I always thought you couldn't go up into adv english, but could always drop down into standard from advanced
only before the hsc course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)