Tough Interview Question help (1 Viewer)

Whovian95

HSC
hey,
so an interview question I came across was, "In the situation that you were not accepted for this role, why do you think you were not selected?"

How would you successfully handle this question?

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
hey,
so an interview question I came across was, "In the situation that you were not accepted for this role, why do you think you were not selected?"

Damn, that is pretty tough! But i think if i were in that sudden moment, regardless of the position id probably reply as;

I think due to my inexperience and naiveness, it would deter employees to hire someone with little knowledge of the working environment and the interactions that must be made between employer and client, employer and employee as well as between employer and employer. I understand that whilst I have gained a number of achievements, many other potential may be considered more useful to the current field.

And then follow up with even though I am inexperienced, I am however a diligent and motivated employee if i was given the opportunity, etc. etc.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
hey,

Because there was a better candidate.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Probably the best response
You can actually make it better by adding something like that better candidate would have qualities you are working on for self-improvement or something like that

enoilgam

HSC
You can actually make it better by adding something like that better candidate would have qualities you are working on for self-improvement or something like that
This is all you can do really.

My two cents here, but I'm not a big believer in these hocus pocus behavioural questions. Some of the weird ones (like this) just throw off a candidate and dont offer the interviewer much about the interviewee. There are some good ones though ("What is your biggest disappointment" is my personal favourite).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)