Tour De France 2008 (1 Viewer)

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
Starting on 5 July, looking very much to this year's tour, but unfortunately, for us 08'ers, its not going to be good, got to study for the trials.

Anyway, Team Astana may ride this year, and Rasmussen is still without a team, highly unlikely he would be riding, really wanted him back in the tour.

So, let the discussion start.

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
stazi said:
its gayer than wrestling
Ok, so why did you post that in here? We really did not want any negative comments in this thread, you could have atleast said that you dont like it.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Triple777ER said:
Ok, so why did you post that in here? We really did not want any negative comments in this thread, you could have atleast said that you dont like it.
yes, that's exactly what I said. That I don't like it.

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
yes but you used 'gay' which i think most cyclists would actually take a bit of offense but anyway, other than that, peace.

PS. what does 'whoa whah wha wah' actually mean and why is it 'pwned'?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I respect this prestigious sporting event. I hope that no one gets injured (even though it's extremely unlikely). In addition, I hope that no one gets his hand on the prize unfairly (e.g. drug taking).

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Triple777ER said:
Starting on 5 July, looking very much to this year's tour, but unfortunately, for us 08'ers, its not going to be good, got to study for the trials.

Anyway, Team Astana may ride this year, and Rasmussen is still without a team, highly unlikely he would be riding, really wanted him back in the tour.

So, let the discussion start.
why would you want rasmussen back in the tour

hes a doper

seano77

Walk On
HSC
I've been watching the tour since I was a little kid. Great fun. I reckon its good for us 08'ers, we can study late at night and watch the stage finish as a reward.
Go Cadel and Robbie!
You guys reckon Cadel can win it?

Muz4PM

HSC
seano77 said:
I've been watching the tour since I was a little kid. Great fun. I reckon its good for us 08'ers, we can study late at night and watch the stage finish as a reward.
Go Cadel and Robbie!
You guys reckon Cadel can win it?
I have no idea, but I guess while he is there, he is in with a chance.

Now, a question. The Green Jersey, the sprinter's jersey, how are points allocated for that?

Is it like there is point A and then say five kilometres down the road is point B and whoever does that section in the fastest time gets a certain number of points?

Also, how does the team structure work?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Wtf with having no prologue mang?

It's just not the same.

With 200m to the finish, the camera went to an aerial shot, and showed Valverde reel in the lead guy like the guy was not pedalling. Wtf?

Um, Rasmussen has basically been thrown out of the sport for 5 years. The UCI won't register him for 5 years. He won't ride again.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Muz4PM said:
I have no idea, but I guess while he is there, he is in with a chance.

Now, a question. The Green Jersey, the sprinter's jersey, how are points allocated for that?

Is it like there is point A and then say five kilometres down the road is point B and whoever does that section in the fastest time gets a certain number of points?

Also, how does the team structure work?
The Green Jersey points are allocated at certain points in a stage. For example at 56km, there are 10 points up for grabs for whoever crosses that line first. (Green jersey points are normally available on flat stages) If there is a breakaway then they get the points. You'll find that there are usually sprinters points available for stage wins. This works the same for the polka dot jersey (king of the mountains) except points are awarded at top of mountains instead of on flat stages. Its not the section that counts but whoever crosses that part of the stage first.

The teams normally focus on one guy who has a chance of winning the yellow, green or polka dot jersey's and the whole team basically serves this guy. They will try and push the peleton to bring back breakaway's, they will drop out of the peleton to get food for their teams and they will try and set their guy up for sprints at the end or when points are on offer (you'll see this with robbie mcewen's team at some stage). Apart from serving the individual's needs the teams don't matter greatly and are only a form of sponsorship and categorising the riders.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Wtf with having no prologue mang?

It's just not the same.

With 200m to the finish, the camera went to an aerial shot, and showed Valverde reel in the lead guy like the guy was not pedalling. Wtf?

Um, Rasmussen has basically been thrown out of the sport for 5 years. The UCI won't register him for 5 years. He won't ride again.
There is a time trial tomorrow (tonight). After 200km of riding trying to sprint would be quite hard- maybe thats why the guy was slower than Valverde?

danthemanly

HSC
I have a question for you experts. Seeing as i just got hooked a few days ago i don't understand some things. At the moment i only have one question. How does timing work because somehow 90 people crossed the line at the exact same time. I don't think that is physically possible. If your going to tell me that if they are part of a group than they get the first time than that is ridiculous because what incentive does it give people to be at the lead of the peloton. Also what classifies a split in times ie two seconds between groups to get different times or is there a time limit between bikes that must cross the line before a different time is recorded?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
danthemanly said:
I have a question for you experts. Seeing as i just got hooked a few days ago i don't understand some things. At the moment i only have one question. How does timing work because somehow 90 people crossed the line at the exact same time. I don't think that is physically possible. If your going to tell me that if they are part of a group than they get the first time than that is ridiculous because what incentive does it give people to be at the lead of the peloton. Also what classifies a split in times ie two seconds between groups to get different times or is there a time limit between bikes that must cross the line before a different time is recorded?
Um, dude chill out.

Thats the answer in bold. They do get the leaders time, if they all come in as a bunch. Do you want to try and take the time of a field of 140+ riders coming through in quick succession? It makes much more sense to give them all the same time.

The breakaway bunches obviously get their own times. The start and finish of the pelaton probably isn't the easiest to judge all the time, but if you watch it enough, you'll understand how the system works.

Exphate said:
Evens to win
*Evans.

Answer: Hopefully.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)