Train from Melb to Syd (1 Viewer)

galadriel100

HSC
Is there are train between Melb and Syd?
I was on a website looking how to go to Syd by train, and all I could find was Adelaide-Melb and there was no Melb-Syd line on the map! I'm sure there must be a train....

HSC
and far less scary redneck snoring people .. i am never, ever catching the train again. well except for like just around the city or whatever.

chip

HSC
galadriel100 said:
Is there are train between Melb and Syd?
I was on a website looking how to go to Syd by train, and all I could find was Adelaide-Melb and there was no Melb-Syd line on the map! I'm sure there must be a train....
the overnight one from melb to syd is fun times bar stays open till 1200 or something

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
katietheskatie said:
and far less scary redneck snoring people .. i am never, ever catching the train again. well except for like just around the city or whatever.
Is the melbourne - sydney train that bad? The problem with flying to melb is that the trip is too short. You don't "feel" the distance so to speak. :p

HSC
i don't know, the furthest i've been on a train is port macquarie to brisbane, which is probably like less than half the distance from sydney to melbourne, and it's too long as it is. just catch a plane, srsly.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I went on the melbourne - sydney train back when training it was cheaper than flying and you seriously don't want to do it. Its like 15 hours and its incredibly boring and restrictive and cluttered. People who go first class still have to have 4 people per room and coach is pretty much like cityrail ... which is not fun.

With the prices of plane tickets these days there is no real reason to want to train it, just fly there.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Don't bus. Don't train. Fly.

Seriously. Have you seen that Sex and the City episode where the girls are all "old fashioned train ride" and it ends up being cramped and hellish?

Yeah, well the Melb-Syd train trip is worse, with the bus ride worse still.

Book early and you can get $65 flights.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)