Transfer course now from different faculty (1 Viewer)

toracat

HSC
N/A
I'm currently a year 1 student doing computer science at usyd but however after the school begin, I thought this wasn't for me. So is it possible for me to transfer the course right now?since it is only the first week... so I want to change to art which is a different faculty from faculty of IT and Engineering.
Or can I transfer after sem1 or otherwise I have to wait for 1 year??
please help !!!!!!

madharris

HSC
N/A
If you want to change to arts, then you can probably transfer mid year as they will just take your atar.
However, you can't transfer now.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm currently a year 1 student doing computer science at usyd but however after the school begin, I thought this wasn't for me. So is it possible for me to transfer the course right now?since it is only the first week... so I want to change to art which is a different faculty from faculty of IT and Engineering.
Or can I transfer after sem1 or otherwise I have to wait for 1 year??
please help !!!!!!
Well considering if you want to change B.Computer Science to B.Arts, it's a different faculty.

I believe USYD does do intake for B.Arts in the mid-year intake. If you've achieve the required cutoff for this year for B.Arts at USYD (which is 82.00), you will get an offer. You will need to apply through UAC.

Note that mid-year intakes don't do bonus points for HSC subject performance nor special schemes (like that in EAS points), so you have need to attain at least 82.00 as your ATAR purely.

toracat

HSC
N/A
Well considering if you want to change B.Computer Science to B.Arts, it's a different faculty.

I believe USYD does do intake for B.Arts in the mid-year intake. If you've achieve the required cutoff for this year for B.Arts at USYD (which is 82.00), you will get an offer. You will need to apply through UAC.

Note that mid-year intakes don't do bonus points for HSC subject performance nor special schemes (like that in EAS points), so you have need to attain at least 82.00 as your ATAR purely.
thx!!! I got ATAR 89.95, so it's possible for me to get an offer?

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
thx!!! I got ATAR 89.95, so it's possible for me to get an offer?
Most certainly you will get an offer.

Though I'm not sure whether you use that same UAC application for the Jan main rounds or whether you apply for a new one. That you need to call UAC up. :)

toracat

HSC
N/A
Most certainly you will get an offer.

Though I'm not sure whether you use that same UAC application for the Jan main rounds or whether you apply for a new one. That you need to call UAC up. :)
yes, I will be using the same UAC application no. So do I just apply directly through UAC? Do I need to contact the faculties?

studybuddy101

HSC
are you sure you're not happy in the course? I felt the same way this first week but it wasn't until last night i remembered why i chose my course and realised the issue was simply me being a little overwhelmed with the high school to university transition. Just be sure you're not getting cold feet before you go ahead and transfer

toracat

HSC
N/A
are you sure you're not happy in the course? I felt the same way this first week but it wasn't until last night i remembered why i chose my course and realised the issue was simply me being a little overwhelmed with the high school to university transition. Just be sure you're not getting cold feet before you go ahead and transfer
yea..I' m sure I am not happy in this course...since I just randomly chose this course after my atar released. also computer science required a lot of maths and currently we are learning 4u math but unfortunately I only did 2u in highschool, so I couldn't really catch up with other people.. I just realised what I want to do recently...(sigh). I hope it's not too late.

toracat

HSC
N/A
If you want to change to arts, then you can probably transfer mid year as they will just take your atar.
However, you can't transfer now.
so..they will not take my grade in sem 1 for cs? also, do I really have to complete sem 1 for cs in order to transfer to B.art?

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
yes, I will be using the same UAC application no. So do I just apply directly through UAC? Do I need to contact the faculties?
Yes you apply through UAC directly. Contacting the FASS wouldn't be necessary imo unless you have some other related inquiry.

so..they will not take my grade in sem 1 for cs? also, do I really have to complete sem 1 for cs in order to transfer to B.art?
Generally most universities would only count uni grades if you've studied over 48 units of credit (1 year of study, 2 semesters), so no they wouldn't count your uni results yet and thus will use your ATAR only. By the end of semester 1 this year, you would have completed 24 units.

You should also consider doing your desired Arts major courses now (counted as maybe minors or electives in your CompSci course now) so you wouldn't be wasting time in your Arts course next semester.

toracat

HSC
N/A
Yes you apply through UAC directly. Contacting the FASS wouldn't be necessary imo unless you have some other related inquiry.

Generally most universities would only count uni grades if you've studied over 48 units of credit (1 year of study, 2 semesters), so no they wouldn't count your uni results yet and thus will use your ATAR only. By the end of semester 1 this year, you would have completed 24 units.

You should also consider doing your desired Arts major courses now (counted as maybe minors or electives in your CompSci course now) so you wouldn't be wasting time in your Arts course next semester.
thank u so much!!! yes, I'm currently doing Japanese as my electives.

toracat

HSC
N/A

also, the last question...sorry, >< I have so many things to ask.... what's the percentage for me to transfer to B.art via UAC mid year admission for sem2..?

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
also, the last question...sorry, >< I have so many things to ask.... what's the percentage for me to transfer to B.art via UAC mid year admission for sem2..?
I don't get what you mean..., the likely chance of transferring into B.Arts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)