transfer details (1 Viewer)

minchi24556

HSC
N/A
hi everyone, ive used these boards before and i know ur total champs, as well as some people on here having insane knowledge about uni life so here goes!

my friend has completed 1.5 years of a bachelor of health science (health information management) and has since had a 1.5 year gap in study (she stopped going to university, picked up work). she's thinking about coming back to do physiotherapy - her grades ranged from about 2/3 distinctions and 1/3 credits, no passes.

im not asking whether she can get in with those grades, but rather will Sydney still print her an academic transcript, as she simply did not enrol in subjects for the second semester (im pretty sure yes). Secondly, can she get any specific credit? There doesnt seem to be any elective space in Sydney's physiotherapy course, and all their units are PHYS where as her old ones where IHMT or something. Can her old degree help her at all? If not, she's considering chiro at macq. i can provide the specific unit numbers if you like, but i've looked at the units of study for both subjects and they have different codes, although some seem to have very similar content.

cheers boredofstudies :)

hotpot

HSC
minchi24556 said:
hi everyone, ive used these boards before and i know ur total champs, as well as some people on here having insane knowledge about uni life so here goes!

my friend has completed 1.5 years of a bachelor of health science (health information management) and has since had a 1.5 year gap in study (she stopped going to university, picked up work). she's thinking about coming back to do physiotherapy - her grades ranged from about 2/3 distinctions and 1/3 credits, no passes.

im not asking whether she can get in with those grades, but rather will Sydney still print her an academic transcript, as she simply did not enrol in subjects for the second semester (im pretty sure yes). Secondly, can she get any specific credit? There doesnt seem to be any elective space in Sydney's physiotherapy course, and all their units are PHYS where as her old ones where IHMT or something. Can her old degree help her at all? If not, she's considering chiro at macq. i can provide the specific unit numbers if you like, but i've looked at the units of study for both subjects and they have different codes, although some seem to have very similar content.

cheers boredofstudies :)
1.5 years is not that long, im sure there wont be any problems getting her academic transcripts. I think they changed the course codes end of 2005, BUT the subjects them selves do not change much, so i think the best thing to do is to contact the uni and tehy can probably take credit for some of the first year subjects (dw i know friends who has done this).

Best of luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)