transfer from Eco to comm? (1 Viewer)

lordesf

HSC
Hey

i was wondering how hard it is to transfer from B eco into B comerce in UNSW. Do i need to go thorugh uac or internal is fine? Also what do i need to achieve in order to be able to make this transfer? does my uai count say i got uai of 88 and got into eco then after 1styr i wana transfer to com... then wil it stil count then?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
lordesf said:
could u answer the Q at least?
focus yourself on ur hsc and get into commerce. Then you won't have that problem.

/closed.

ace

is retired
HSC
lordesf said:
Hey

i was wondering how hard it is to transfer from B eco into B comerce in UNSW. Do i need to go thorugh uac or internal is fine? Also what do i need to achieve in order to be able to make this transfer? does my uai count say i got uai of 88 and got into eco then after 1styr i wana transfer to com... then wil it stil count then?
Hard-ness is relative to the individual. What I might find hard, you might find easy. That question has no answer, or at least not a quantifiable one, to which you seem to want to elicit.

If you were to transfer from B.Economics to B.Commerce, you would be going through UAC, there is no internal transfer between those degrees at UNSW.

After 1 year of University, UAC will take 50% of your UAI and 50% of your university studies and determine a ranking, which equates to a pseudo-sort of new UAI. Read http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=45647 for more-indepth information. To take your example of a UAI of 88, you'd pretty much need a HD average for your year at university to make yourself competitive. (Assuming here the cutoff for commerce remains its its 95-96 range).

-Anfernee-

HSC
shinji said:
focus yourself on ur hsc and get into commerce. Then you won't have that problem.

/closed.
Yeah, says the tool who got 90.45 for his UAI and didn't make the cut-off for Commerce. You got extra UAI points for being handicapped.

Hebe Tian

HSC
N/A
ace said:
After 1 year of University, UAC will take 50% of your UAI and 50% of your university studies and determine a ranking, which equates to a pseudo-sort of new UAI. Read http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=45647 for more-indepth information. To take your example of a UAI of 88, you'd pretty much need a HD average for your year at university to make yourself competitive. (Assuming here the cutoff for commerce remains its its 95-96 range).

edit: this part is inaccurate (for the most part), i should say. HD average is a bit over the top as I know people with UAI's in the 80's with high credit WAM's who transferred to commerce.

Also it's not exactly 50/50 WAM/UAI. The TER cut offs are also different.

Last edited:

ace

is retired
HSC
Hebe Tian said:
edit: this part is inaccurate (for the most part), i should say. HD average is a bit over the top as I know people with UAI's in the 80's with high credit WAM's who transferred to commerce.

Also it's not exactly 50/50 WAM/UAI. The TER cut offs are also different.
Was a hypothetical example. In any circumstance, higher the WAM the better the chance. :cool:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
-Anfernee- said:
Yeah, says the tool who got 90.45 for his UAI and didn't make the cut-off for Commerce. You got extra UAI points for being handicapped.
stop trolling dude.

i made it in. that's all that matters to me. And then you'll go on and on about how "blah blah blah. you're a failure. blhablahblah. you don't deserve to exist" but you know what? you can shove all that talk up where the sun don't shine.

-Anfernee-

HSC
shinji said:
stop trolling dude.

i made it in. that's all that matters to me. And then you'll go on and on about how "blah blah blah. you're a failure. blhablahblah. you don't deserve to exist" but you know what? you can shove all that talk up where the sun don't shine.

I think you missed the point that I was trying to make.
The OP was trying to gauge how difficult it might be for him to transfer from Econ to Commerce.

Your reply was " just get into Commerce in the first place". This might not be so easy to do as you need a UAI in the range of 95-96. So I guess he was trying to have a back-up plan and exploring other viable options in case he didn't meet the cut-off.

You don't need to be so defensive and rude all the time, you're setting a bad example and in turn you are sullying the reputation of the Usyd Kendo club and UNSW Commerce. Some decorum must be shown because high school kids look up to you on this forum.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
-Anfernee- said:
pwnd.

tempco

HSC
Why bother with transferring between Commerce and Economics? Do you have a specific major in Commerce you want to complete?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
tempco said:
Why bother with transferring between Commerce and Economics? Do you have a specific major in Commerce you want to complete?
probably doesn't want to major in economics slash related compulsory major

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
sif, econ is awesome.

i honestly think basic econ needs to be a compulsory subject in hs

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
-Anfernee- said:
I think you missed the point that I was trying to make.
The OP was trying to gauge how difficult it might be for him to transfer from Econ to Commerce.

Your reply was " just get into Commerce in the first place". This might not be so easy to do as you need a UAI in the range of 95-96. So I guess he was trying to have a back-up plan and exploring other viable options in case he didn't meet the cut-off.

You don't need to be so defensive and rude all the time, you're setting a bad example and in turn you are sullying the reputation of the Usyd Kendo club and UNSW Commerce. Some decorum must be shown because high school kids look up to you on this forum.
I hardly find that comment not rude. hmm?

And it's not because i'm being defensive or anything, but i just found you to be a complete asshole. That's what you came across as earlier on. But from your current posts in comparison, you seem like a different guy. What's the deal?

-Anfernee-

HSC
shinji said:
And it's not because i'm being defensive or anything, but i just found you to be a complete asshole. That's what you came across as earlier on. But from your current posts in comparison, you seem like a different guy. What's the deal?

Okay, I do understand where you're coming from but please try to understand that you were the one that got in the way when I was telling Politik things that he needed to hear.

I don't have anything against you. You seem like a decent guy, but you shouldn't involve yourself in affairs that have nothing to do with you at all.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
-Anfernee- said:
Okay, I do understand where you're coming from but please try to understand that you were the one that got in the way when I was telling Politik things that he needed to hear.

I don't have anything against you. You seem like a decent guy, but you shouldn't involve yourself in affairs that have nothing to do with you at all.
mkay then. *holds up a flag of truce*

truce? lol.

-Anfernee-

HSC
shinji said:
mkay then. *holds up a flag of truce*

truce? lol.
lol

I humbly accept your generous offer of truce. :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)