Transfer from Macquarie to Unsw Law (1 Viewer)

Andrew_MM

HSC
Hey

I was wondering: what mark would I require to transfer from Macquarie, where I am doing international stuidies and law, into Unsw for the same degree.

My UAI was 95.15

What type of grade point average would I need to be considered? I've done one assignment for law so far, and got 72%. However, this was a high mark, considering the average mark was fail.

I'm getting a Credit and 2 distinctions in my other subjects..

Thanks for your help

--------------

thanks for all your help

but look: i answer my own question
http://www.law.unsw.edu.au/Future_Students/undergraduate/admissions/A07.asp

I think it sounds possible.

Last edited:

serge

HSC
the undergrad UNSW law prospectus
says you will need a 97 UAI and a D
average. So with a 95 UAI you'll probably
have to get better than a D average

If you dont get that you can complete
your international studies degree at
macq and then do postgraduate law
at UNSW

M@C D@DDY

HSC
I would say at least a 78 plus WAM, but minimum 75 WAM. And just to note, they only would look at marks, it doesn't matter how your grade went in their assessments, because overall marks will all be bell-curved in the end.

ariose

HSC
I transferred from Macquarie to UNSW Law this year. My UAI was 99 and out of the seven subjects I took in my first year at uni, I received five Ds and two HDs. But I hear that you need a UAI of around 97 and a C average minimally. Don't really know.

For me the transfer didn't work out too well. My subjects didn't correlate across the courses, sending my enrolment out of whack and leaving me needing to make up about four courses, which of course is a total waste of time and money, not to mention completely frustrating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)