Transfer Q's (2 Viewers)

ohne

HSC
Originally posted by TheKey
wouldnt that mean they fix it so that certain amount of people fail? or do u mean they scale those that are >50 and those below are left with whatever they got?
I don't think so, I think it's just to determine distinctions credits etc.

miss_rachel

God I just have to say, having to transfer sux! Especially with law. I really don't know whether I'm kidding myself or what. I;ve got my heart set on one Uni but the UAI is ridiculous. God there must be so many really smart people out there doing law.

WHat annoys me more though is that rich people can pay full fees and buy a place in a couse!!

saves.the.day

HSC
Originally posted by miss_rachel
WHat annoys me more though is that rich people can pay full fees and buy a place in a couse!!
It irritates me when people think that. Thats not true that "rich people can pay full fees and buy a place". If you look at the cutoffs for something like law for 2004:

USYD:
hecs: 99.6
fee: 98.1

So by paying full fee, it lowers the uai by less that 2 points..

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
yeh, as we all know, if you pay full fees you're a dumb arse who didn't work and just paid your way through your education.
98.1 pfft

if anything i'd say those people who are only left with the choice of doing something they don't want to do, or having to pay full fees- are the victims of the system. it's ridiculous that the universities don't get enough funding for everyone who wants to receive a tertiary education, hecs cut-off skyrocket out of reach for a lot of people. instead people are either left with the choice of doing something they don't want to do, in some cases not getting a HECS place in ANY course, or forking out large amounts of fees.

despite the ease of inferring FEES=rich people, lots of people don't fork out large amounts of money because they're rolling in cash, but because they desperately want an uni education that has become out of reach for them otherwise. full fees students are the ones who can afford it, think of those who can't..

santaslayer

HSC
Honestly, I would pay full fee for law if i didn't get in. But luckly for me, i'm going to an excellent Law school so i dont need to pay full fee to go to UNSW/USYD Law. :p
My cousin paid full fee for her B Social work degree, but they arnt rich, she just wants to do it THAT despratley!

evidence

UTS law told me when i asked for the NRSL cutoffs for law to see the entrance marks for uais

would it be different?

please help

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
When I went and asked the faculty of Commerce and Economics about the NRSL cut-off, they said it's the same as year 12 cutoff....is that meant to be right ?

santaslayer

HSC
I think it might be easier to ask someone u know whos transferred to that course. seems to me these turds arnt doing much help

theone123

blue essence
HSC
true santaslayer, all bs, where is somebody who realli has gone through this process?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Ragerunner
When I went and asked the faculty of Commerce and Economics about the NRSL cut-off, they said it's the same as year 12 cutoff....is that meant to be right ?
its bullshit...
it cant be anyway, since I transferred into Commerce (which had a UAI cutoff of 96.00) with an NRSL of 95.625

ask to speak to someone with more authority
ask Lazarus for the process, he seems to be attuned to it, since he got the NRSL for Law eventually

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by Toodulu
yeh, as we all know, if you pay full fees you're a dumb arse who didn't work and just paid your way through your education.
98.1 pfft

if anything i'd say those people who are only left with the choice of doing something they don't want to do, or having to pay full fees- are the victims of the system. it's ridiculous that the universities don't get enough funding for everyone who wants to receive a tertiary education, hecs cut-off skyrocket out of reach for a lot of people. instead people are either left with the choice of doing something they don't want to do, in some cases not getting a HECS place in ANY course, or forking out large amounts of fees.

despite the ease of inferring FEES=rich people, lots of people don't fork out large amounts of money because they're rolling in cash, but because they desperately want an uni education that has become out of reach for them otherwise. full fees students are the ones who can afford it, think of those who can't..
Thats right!! Thinking about it, if your that rich, why would you want to goto university for the first place!!

theone123

blue essence
HSC
ok, does anyone wat does a C average equate to in terms of UAI or the selection criteria thingy???

theone123

blue essence
HSC
if u apply for transfer via UAC. and havent got a GPA yet, what do they take into account then?

santaslayer

HSC
They don't. No Unis ever do, or will for that matter. :p
You have to contact the university to get the cutoff, and from past experiences of BoS members, it's not easy. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)