Transfer to Comm/Law UNSW to Comm/Arts USYD. Requirements? Will I get in? (1 Viewer)

lau101

HSC
Hi
I am really hating law and as a result I dont think my WAM will be that high, but my ATAR was 98.20. Will I get in if I try to transfer at the end of the year? And transfer credit/
Thankyou

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
I always say this to people who say they hate law after doing 1 semester of law. Foundations of Law (now called Introducing Law & Justice) is not even a proper law course. It does not reflect what the rest of the law degree will be like. Have you got involved with mooting? negotiations? Perhaps that will let you have a better idea of what law is like?

Maybe wait till you do a bit of Torts before you decide to transfer out of a law degree.

In terms of transferring to USYD, I think you have a good chance. As for credit transfer, USYD usually accepts UNSW courses however, some courses they might not approve for credit transfer.

lau101

HSC
i find it hard though and my transfer friends doing public law say its so much more difficutlt. im not doing mooting but im doing negotations, as i dont have much time and im a quiet person.

lau101

HSC
BUMP
I've decided to apply for mid year and apparently they just use your ATAR for that :)
Will I be able to transfer credit if I pass the courses? Since I will receive results prior to semester 2
like for my unsw commerce subjects.
Thanks

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
BUMP
I've decided to apply for mid year and apparently they just use your ATAR for that :)
Will I be able to transfer credit if I pass the courses? Since I will receive results prior to semester 2
like for my unsw commerce subjects.
Thanks
Ask UNSW for an academic transcript if you are successful and bring it to enrolment day and the admin will work out which units will be credited and which won't be credited. Can't say for sure how many units will be credited. Also if you don't get the transcript on time you can always apply for a credit transfer anytime during your studies. :) Good Luck and All the Best ~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)