Transfer to med/dent from Eng/comm unsw possible? (1 Viewer)

AzlanlovesSNSD

HSC
Hi im just wondering if i can transfer to med/dentistry at any uni from bachelor of eng/comm at unsw next year or whenever in the future?
Im just wondering because its not really a degree related to health, so will that affect my chances?

also when they do selections again, do they look at GPA and my new UMAT or my that and my ATAR aswell?

the reason if anyone asks why i didnt do med science, is because im not confident enough and if i dont end up getting a spot in med/dent i dont want to be stuck with a b.medsci.

Please reply soon!

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
I think you're chances are better as a post-grad. Or transfer to med sci after first year.. and give it your best if you don't want to wait till later.

delian

HSC
N/A
Why was Eng/comm your back-up to Medicine?
Do you have interests in these areas too?

Dylanamali

HSC
your chances will not be affected..

it doesn't matter what undergraduate degree you do, as long as you achieve a high GPA.. preferably D-average and a competitive UMAT, preferably 180+ then you should have a decent chance of receiving an interview.
In my knowledge, they will only look at your GPA and disregard your ATAR, if you've done a full year of study.

The only negative of doing Eng/comm, is if your considering post-grad med which requires the GAMSAT, as the GAMSAT tests science-based knowledge of chem bio and phys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)