Transfer (1 Viewer)

Calubin

HSC
I'm not in Uni yet, but I want to know can you do Arts in first year and then transfer to a Commerce/Arts in second year without repeating some of the Arts subjects.

gman03

HSC
Yes :)

What other things do you want to know as well?

kaitoufion

HSC
Yep it is possible. However ya 1st Year Uni result will need to be very good.

Usually an average WAM of 65+ (Credit or above) will get you into most of the combined degrees. But for Commerce, a Credit is usually not enough. Therefore you should aim for an average WAM of 75+ (Distinction or above) for Commerce/Arts.

Calubin

HSC
Economics or Commerce combined with Arts is usually 5 yrs. If I transfer in second year, do I just do more Commerce subjects to balance it out and can I still graduate at the end of my 5th year.

gman03

HSC
Calubin said:
Economics or Commerce combined with Arts is usually 5 yrs. If I transfer in second year, do I just do more Commerce subjects to balance it out and can I still graduate at the end of my 5th year.

More or less.. but you can't do much for 1st Year commerce subjects (which you will do in second year). Only in your thrid year that you will have to put more commerces subjects to couter-balance it.

Sharpshooter

Random Hobo
HSC
just dont rely on a transfer. like if your planning to start an arts degree make sure your happy continuing and graduating with it.
theres a really handy thread by frigid you cant miss on transfers, and if you look around youll find the NSWNRSL index of ppl who did transfer into UNSW commerce so you can know what to aim for (obviously easier once you have your UAI)
and even then, theres always MCom and MBA, commerce is one of those things you can always get into at any point

raymo69

HSC
How about if you're counting on getting into Commerce or Economics and you just miss out so you have Arts as a third preference. Is it possible to Transfer from Arts to either Economics or Commerce without having to add an extra year to your degree? Can you do the same core subjects in Arts then just pick up Commerce or Economics as if you were already doing it??? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question

gman03

HSC
raymo69 said:
How about if you're counting on getting into Commerce or Economics and you just miss out so you have Arts as a third preference. Is it possible to Transfer from Arts to either Economics or Commerce without having to add an extra year to your degree? Can you do the same core subjects in Arts then just pick up Commerce or Economics as if you were already doing it??? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question
First year econ and comm degree will have to do 6 courses on accounting and economics

In arts, i doubt you can take 2 accounting courses. But i think you can the other 4 ECON courses (QMA & QMB etc...)... Anyhow it means you will have to add an extra 0.5 year of study if you do a Art->Econ/Comm transfer.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)