Transfering Courses (1 Viewer)

BrentDG

HSC
Hey,

I'm just wondering, if I begin a Bachelor of Commerce, am I able to transfer into the Commerce/Law degree?

If so, what do I need to do, to make myself eligible?

Thanks

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
go to Law dept. See Maggie Liston, ask for a form for the Law Quota 2007. In that form you have to justify why they should let you in. Talk about how you've always wanted to do law, what stopped you from doing it in the first place. They will assess your response as well as a mix of GPA/Uai. Also, apply through UAC as well, so you have your options open.

James87

Club Mac - 1st Year 2006!
HSC
With the law entry aka 'Macquarie Privledge', when shoud applications be made -after finals for semester 2?

Just out of interest, would psyc-law also ask why you want to study law and how competitive is it? It says in handbook a 'UAI and Credit average' would be competitive yet I was told UAI 90 and distinction average. They are considerably different lol. Maybe a UAI of a bit over 90 and a low-mid credit average would make it close?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
its up to them to decide, because it depends on the calibre of your competition. SO jus tgo for it you have nothing to lose, and do your best in the upcoming exams. More likely than not you should get in if you have 90+ and credit average, i know a girl who was doing psych honours, low 90s, credit average, and got in comfortably i assume. Have a decent explanation written out, which might make the different if you are borderline.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Yeah, basically need a GPA of 3+ and UAI 90+ and then you have a good chance of getting in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)