transfering (2 Viewers)

B

Bears_den

i was wondering can i transfer after first year from my uws degree if i get credits into any other degree at uws? and 2 does that mean if i transfer from my first listed degree do i go straight into 2nd year of that degree if i have my credit average cheers

klh u would b able to help here....

Jacks

HSC
Yes uws does have a guaranteed internal transfer scheme. So if you get above a credit average you will be able to transfer from one course in UWS to another. You may not necessarily be able to transfer straight into the second year of that course though, this would depend on how similar the two degrees are in content, and about whether you'll be granted academic credit from the work you did 1st year in the degree you wish to transfer from.

There is some more info here:

http://www.uws.edu.au/studyoptions/australian/undergraduate/transfer

some of which natstar has already related. If you look at the options on the left, there is also a page about how to apply...hope this helps.

Last edited:

shane_86

HSC
i was talking to the ladies at the student center and they said that the internal transfer scheme only allows if your transfering to a different course within the same faculty and that or all other tranfers must be made through uac. even if u achieve above creadit average.

Jonathan A

HSC
shane86 said:
i was talking to the ladies at the student center and they said that the internal transfer scheme only allows if your transfering to a different course within the same faculty and that or all other tranfers must be made through uac. even if u achieve above creadit average.

Not sure exactly what that means. This seems wrong. You can transfer into ANY course within the university if you achieve above credit average, however some performing arts course may also need some form of pre-req. UAC is another way you can go about it.

Dumdida

HSC
N/A
yeah im transferring too, that lady whoever she is told u wrong, here is the main thing; 6 months then u can transfer internally, 1 year and then u can transfer externally, ofcourse depending on ur marks so we have to sturdy really hard and get D/HD! everyone almost in my course is changing so ive got major competition, aniwayz goin hit da books for some few hours b4 sleeping, ciao peepz.

shane_86

HSC
yeah thats what i thought but according to the student center at campbelltown uws is pushing for students to apply through uac instead of appling internally through the university whether u have above credit average or not

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
If you don't get above credit avaerage, your better off applying through UAC.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Cape said:
If you don't get above credit avaerage, your better off applying through UAC.
yea my friend got in thru UAC, if you do internal trans via guar. it is strict of the gpa of 5

shane_86

HSC
uws is a shit uni anyways my lecturers are constantly reminding us how the uni is in a financial crisis. my biology tutorial has over 400 ppl in it. my anatomy pracs have been slashed from 11 to 9 to now 7. which means The Unit objectives now cannot be met which means i cant undertake anatomy units later in my degree and · It may not fulfil credit transfer requirements if i want to move to another university. my biology practicals have also been slashed in half.

shane_86

HSC
i dont care about reputition ill go to any uni as long as it gets me where i want to be. but this is bullshit i wasnt expecting this to happen or otherwise i wouldnt have come here

shane_86

HSC
my anatomy lecturer robert kidd or something is encouraging us to do so

klh

HSC
to clear things up for everyone and shane86, i apologise for not replying but i had alot of readings i had to get through.
uws has two internal transfers, 1 is called application for transfer and the other is the GICTS [Guaranteed Internal Course Transfer Scheme].
the former is for people doing say B Bus in management and they wanted to go into B Bus Info systems, then this is the one you should choose for transfer. this is for related course if you get what i mean, another is B Eng civil and someone wanted to go in B Eng Computer. the smae degree but trying to transfer into different majors.

the second one is for cross school transfer if thats the right meaning. i was in B Tech and wanted to get into B Bus, this is thje appropriate form to use.
yes them ladies arent very helpful when it comes to this becasue the words are always jumbled. i had to look it up myself in the book before i went to them and pointed what i wanted to do.

anyway, hope this helps bears_den and hopefully clear things up for you Shane86.

EDIT: opps i forgot about GICTS
yes like others have said you need a better than credit average. as long as its better than gpa 5.01 its guaranteed. GICTS is good for transfers as its earlier and doesnt cost a thing. but remember its internal not exteranl. some guy asked if he could do the GICTS way to transfer to usyd and the ladies were like umm no, its internal.
if you want to transfer, get as high marks as possible, the least you could do is 3 c and i d.

the second year thingo....depends if you do the cores of the degree you want to get into. i was in B Tech, and after first sem i wanted to transfer so i did the cores of B Bus in the second semester so i could gain exemption [academic credit]. if you are doing units of this degree and its not in the degree you want to get into, then it can become electives, but you still have to do first year subjects of the new degee.
also note that most uws degrees have the 10 unit 100 levels only rule. so you also have to count if you exceed this rule, then you are screwed.
hope this helps.

Last edited:

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Im bringing this thread up again from the dead to clarify something (yes, i used the search function w00t !)..

to transfer internally using GICTS (see klh post above), the least marks to get are either:
3 credits & 1 distinction OR 1 high distinction, 2 credits & 1 pass.

so.. that's for each of the 4 units you're currently studying, right ? or is it averaged between all your units or something ? =/

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Annegelic said:
Im bringing this thread up again from the dead to clarify something (yes, i used the search function w00t !)..

to transfer internally using GICTS (see klh post above), the least marks to get are either:
3 credits & 1 distinction OR 1 high distinction, 2 credits & 1 pass.

so.. that's for each of the 4 units you're currently studying, right ? or is it averaged between all your units or something ? =/
The least marks that you can get will avaerage out to be 5.01 (I hope you understand what I'm yakking about). The 3 credits and 1 distinction after one semester will equal - 5.25 while 1 high distinction, 2 credits and 1 pass will equal - 5.25. After one semester. If you do not transfer after one semester, then you will have to work to stay above 5.01.

Edit: WOW! I posted exactly 12 hours after you did :p

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
yeah i'm aiming to transfer to a completely different course after a year.
so if those all add to 5.25, and the least you need to get is 5.01, that means you can still throw in a couple passes to make the mark ? cos.. one of my tutorers, she basically told us none of us will get anything higher than a pass unless our work is something extraordinary... which mine won't be =( she actually said, just getting a pass from her would be extremely lucky.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
hmm ... my brain is too dead to be working out numbers at the moment. Your just going to have to fiddle around with the numbers and work out what the minimum is.

HD = 7
D = 6
C = 5
P = 4

I can't remember what fail is though :p and I don't want to find out either :p

oh, your tutor sounds mean, but wouldn't that encourage you to do better or work harder??? She sounds like Pol (a tourism lecturer / tutor), lol.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Cape said:
hmm ... my brain is too dead to be working out numbers at the moment. Your just going to have to fiddle around with the numbers and work out what the minimum is.

HD = 7
D = 6
C = 5
P = 4

I can't remember what fail is though :p and I don't want to find out either :p

oh, your tutor sounds mean, but wouldn't that encourage you to do better or work harder??? She sounds like Pol (a tourism lecturer / tutor), lol.
fail = 0

screws up the GPA badly :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)