Transferring after 1st year (1 Viewer)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
As a few people around might know I REALLY want to get into B Bus&Comm/Laws at UWS (basically coz of it's comparatively low UAI & convenience in travel..)

So say I don't hit 90.. and I hit maybe... 82, 83.. and don't manage to get the band 5/6 in Adv English I really want.. Which means I can't get in even with the Greater Western Sydney Scheme (i.e. the +5 UAI for people who live in the west)

Would I be better off applying for the Bachelor of Business/Commerce at the same UWS campus, then [hopefully] getting a really high GPA and transferring after the end of the first year....
OR should I apply for, say, a Bachelor of Arts at a more 'prestigious' Uni and then transfer to UWS after that?

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Internal transfers are usually easier than ones from other unis. You'd be better off starting with Bachelor of Business/Commerce. Just make sure you average credits/distinctions, and you should be right.

But you really shouldn't go for a uni/course just because there's convenient travel, low UAI, etc...

Last edited:

wendus

krawr.
HSC
it's really up to you. do you want to work really hard again next year? i know i wouldn't.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
squeenie said:
Internal transfers are usually easier than ones from other unis. You'd be better off starting with Bachelor of Business/Commerce. Just make sure you average credits/distinctions, and you should be right.

But you really shouldn't go for a uni/course just because there's convenient travel, low UAI, etc...
christine they're not my only reasons.. they just sweeten the deal :)

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
wixxy2348 said:
christine they're not my only reasons.. they just sweeten the deal :)
Well as long as you've done your research and all that.

I really can't wait to get to uni. So over high school...

Snooty

HSC
80+ UAI and you should make it into UWS law easy.

HSC
wixxy2348 said:
As a few people around might know I REALLY want to get into B Bus&Comm/Laws at UWS (basically coz of it's comparatively low UAI & convenience in travel..)

So say I don't hit 90.. and I hit maybe... 82, 83.. and don't manage to get the band 5/6 in Adv English I really want.. Which means I can't get in even with the Greater Western Sydney Scheme (i.e. the +5 UAI for people who live in the west)

Would I be better off applying for the Bachelor of Business/Commerce at the same UWS campus, then [hopefully] getting a really high GPA and transferring after the end of the first year....
OR should I apply for, say, a Bachelor of Arts at a more 'prestigious' Uni and then transfer to UWS after that?
I'm currently cramming so I can transfer to USyd next year.

Curious would you ever consider doing arts at maquarie and then transfering into arts/law? (the marks needed to transfer there are pretty low) I don't want to get a heated debate started but UWS doesn't exactly have a great name...

Gay Captain

HSC
pick the comm or bus degree that looks the easiest

get 85 or over for every subject

easy transfer + credit

spence

HSC
wixxy2348 said:
Why would you do arts if you want to get into Bus&Comm/Law? Obviously the business course would be better if that's what you're trying to transfer into

kato33

HSC
just so everyone knows uni isnt much different to high school- you might notgo as often but you do more work and alot more boring subjects

jisu

HSC
kato33 said:
just so everyone knows uni isnt much different to high school- you might notgo as often but you do more work and alot more boring subjects
speak for yourself.

i hated high school, i love uni.

thus,

uni >>>>>>>>>>>>> high school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)