transferring between safeway stores (1 Viewer)

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know:

1. How am I supposed to get my discount card now that my three months is up? I have no dept manager at the moment, I avoid the 2IC and the people I work with are giving me different answers (one said it shows up in the dept in an envelop when it arrives, the other said I have to go ask somebody in the cashier's office).

2. How do I go about transferring from one store to another (same dept)?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
1. I think best ask the Cash Office

2. Unless your a dept manager i dont think transferring is that easy, you'd probably have 2 ask your Store Manager

Agywaggy

HSC
2. I think if i'm not wrong, i think you'll need to ask your store manager and he/she'll then give you a transfer document, but before you get the document you have to clarify with the other store they have a job position for you at that store. And be warned: Not all transfers are guaranteed.

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
They also don't generally give transfers for under 12 months service...so HR tells me.

Transfers are dependent on vacancy levels at the other store. OR you could look for one on the internal jobs site on wowcareers.

HSC
Agywaggy said:
you have to clarify with the other store they have a job position for you at that store.
Even if there are positions available at other stores, your manager may block your transfer.
For example, we have a new store opening in out region. Many people from different stores have applied for a transfer, and only two have been successful (or so I've heard). According to my dept manager, the company often feels that its easier to recruit lots of people for one big intake, than a few people for one store.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)