transferring from arts to commerce??help please1121abc1121! (1 Viewer)

tjhunt11

HSC
yep im back, i asked the question about the arts degree, and so, i am wondering if i could i did arts then if i could then transfer into commerce my 2nd year, the reason for this being is i can get into arts at sydney uni and i am wondering if it is possible to go into commerce?

much help appreciated :)

Aquablack

Banned
HSC
yep im back, i asked the question about the arts degree, and so, i am wondering if i could i did arts then if i could then transfer into commerce my 2nd year, the reason for this being is i can get into arts at sydney uni and i am wondering if it is possible to go into commerce?

First of all, im the only troll on this forum, so dont even try to be annoying with all the 1112329abc's!

Secondly, both arts and commerce are crap degrees which wont get you good money post-uni. AVOID EM!

izzy88

HSC

Generally they take into account both your ATAR and your WAM (first year average) in order to transfer. I'm not sure about how competitive it is to transfer into commerce.

However, i don't think there is much overlap in subjects between arts and commerce, so i am not sure whether you would get much credit for the subjects you did in your first year, so essentially you are starting over again.

However think about what you are interested in- you don't have to transfer to commerce just because people say arts degrees are useless. If you want to do business stuff then sure, go for commerce. But think about what you actually want to do... (and just to respond to Aquablack- its not all about the money).

Aquablack

Banned
HSC
Generally they take into account both your ATAR and your WAM (first year average) in order to transfer. I'm not sure about how competitive it is to transfer into commerce.

However, i don't think there is much overlap in subjects between arts and commerce, so i am not sure whether you would get much credit for the subjects you did in your first year, so essentially you are starting over again.

However think about what you are interested in- you don't have to transfer to commerce just because people say arts degrees are useless. If you want to do business stuff then sure, go for commerce. But think about what you actually want to do... (and just to respond to Aquablack- its not all about the money).
There is something wrong with people who go to uni without intentions of earning good money, what a waste of time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)