Transferring half of a Law double degree (1 Viewer)

bunis

HSC
If say i choose to do a law/science double degree and then 1 year later i decide i want to do law/commerce instead, is it quite possible to just transfer from science to the commerce and continue law?

thanks in advance,
ben

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
bunis said:
If say i choose to do a law/science double degree and then 1 year later i decide i want to do law/commerce instead, is it quite possible to just transfer from science to the commerce and continue law?

thanks in advance,
ben
yes, although you will have to start from 1st year commerce.

bunis

HSC
what happens if i already have credit from high score with a subject that i did. Can that still be carried over a year later?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
bunis said:
what happens if i already have credit from high score with a subject that i did. Can that still be carried over a year later?
let's put it this way:-

- it's an internal transfer;
- all marks are still kept;
- your science subjects will not be credited to a commerce degree (ie. you gotta start commerce afresh);
- your law degree continues as normal.

bunis

HSC
there was a typo before. i was talking about credit (advanced standing) from high school which has been okayed by the uni. Can this be carried on a year afterwards?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i'm not sure what you mean.

assuming you are saying you got high marks in a HSC science subjects you get credit in a uni science degree, i don't see how it affects an internal transfer.

bunis

HSC
I did economics HL in high school and got a 7. I rang the university and they said that i would be given credit (advanced standing) if i were to do a commerce or economics degree, so i don't have to do several units of work. I want to know if this still carries through after one year of tertiary study in a different course (science). Sorry for being confusing.

Caroline22

HSC
N/A
I can't see why it wouldn't carry over - but that's just a hunch. I would think the main issue is the uni denying the next year that they ever agreed to advanced standing. The one thing I would want to clarify in your situation is whether it is definitely course credits or simply exemption from particular units.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
bunis said:
I did economics HL in high school and got a 7. I rang the university and they said that i would be given credit (advanced standing) if i were to do a commerce or economics degree, so i don't have to do several units of work. I want to know if this still carries through after one year of tertiary study in a different course (science). Sorry for being confusing.
hmmm... you better get that in writing or on an email... then use it later if necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)