Transferring out of a course in first year (1 Viewer)

Chronicole

HSC
I'm enrolled to do b biomedical engineering/b science at USyd but I've been doing some snooping around these forums and now I'm very scared about engineering. Maths seems impossibly difficult that even 4u people can't handle it, so for a 3u student like me, it's hard for me not to freak out.

Assuming that I can't handle engineering and I just get fed up, when is the earliest date I would be able to transfer? If I can't handle the degree, I really don't want to spend a year suffering and then transferring. So from my current degree would I be able to transfer into something like say b commerce/b science? And assuming that I can't transfer until after my first year, if I really sucked at my course naturally my gpa would be shit so would I still be able to transfer with bad marks? Getting scared that I'll be stuck with engineering now =\

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm enrolled to do b biomedical engineering/b science at USyd but I've been doing some snooping around these forums and now I'm very scared about engineering. Maths seems impossibly difficult that even 4u people can't handle it, so for a 3u student like me, it's hard for me not to freak out.

Assuming that I can't handle engineering and I just get fed up, when is the earliest date I would be able to transfer? If I can't handle the degree, I really don't want to spend a year suffering and then transferring. So from my current degree would I be able to transfer into something like say b commerce/b science? And assuming that I can't transfer until after my first year, if I really sucked at my course naturally my gpa would be shit so would I still be able to transfer with bad marks? Getting scared that I'll be stuck with engineering now =\
just do science subjects in your first year and then ask to drop the biomedical engineering component later on in the year

witide

HSC
I wouldn't worry, it's not that hard if you don't try to fail. If you want to do well, you will.

Chronicole

HSC
just do science subjects in your first year and then ask to drop the biomedical engineering component later on in the year
But I'd like to keep a double degree as a safety net. Science was just out of interest, I have no intentions of making science a career.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
1st year maths for engineering is a walk in the park for most 4unit students since a lot of the stuff is from high school and if you got like a band e3 for mx1 you should be more than fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)