Transferring to Notre Dame questions (1 Viewer)

Ares

HSC
I'm 18, got an 84 ATAR and enrolled into an Arts/Law double degree at UOW. I'm about to finish the first year, which consisted only of law subjects (mandatory). In first semester I passed everything with a 60%+ average, but this semester I've lost whatever remaining motivation I had left and am expecting to fail possibly 2-3 subjects. (I love my life).

Worst case scenario: Assuming I have 3 failed subjects and a 40% average in the 10 completed law subjects, and I try to transfer from UOW Arts/Law into Arts/Education at Notre Dame, will I be successful?

From the Notre Dame Arts/Education course flyer:
http://www.nd.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0013/120811/2014-B-Education-Secondary-and-Arts.pdf

"Admission Requirements:

School Leavers:

 ATAR of 70 – Indicative only. Must have been obtained
within the last five years. Or

 IB of 25+ – Indicative only. Must have been obtained within
the last five years.

Post School Leaver / Mature Age Applicants:

 Other University Studies – Notre Dame will also consider
applicants who have successfully completed a minimum of
one full-time semester worth of units (or four subjects) with
a credit average within a Bachelor’s Degree from Notre
Dame or another University."

Based on what is said there, if my ATAR is considered I'm in with flying colours, but if my law average is considered I won't be.

Also, if I've completed 1 year of university study do I apply through UAC to transfer to another university or do I apply directly at the university?

If you can help it'll be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

enoilgam

HSC
Notre Dame doesnt use the UAC system, so you have to apply direct. The demand isnt very high and with your ATAR, I'd say you would probably make it.

enoilgam

HSC
So they wouldn't consider my university marks?
I cant be 100% sure, but knowing the uni, they dont rely on arbitrary cut-offs or marks as the sole means of determining entry. I think they would consider both and as I said before, they arent in a position to be very discriminating. Your best bet would be to give the uni a call - they are usually very helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)