Transferring to Wollongong? (1 Viewer)

SNOWS

HSC
Hey guys, I'm an American from the University of Iowa looking to get out of the boring Midwest... (I'm told it's like Canberra). I was majoring in graphic design then pharmacy but I really think a career outside is the right path for me. Anyways I'm a freshman and I'm looking to study abroad and one day transfer to Wollongong. Its not that I don't like it here, I think my career choices will take me to a beach or an ocean and in case you didn't know, there are no beaches or oceans in Iowa... I'm supposedly all set to go I hope my ACT is high enough, 26, so yeah. Its nice to meet you guys.

dumarab

HSC
SNOWS said:
Hey guys, I'm an American from the University of Iowa looking to get out of the boring Midwest... (I'm told it's like Canberra). I was majoring in graphic design then pharmacy but I really think a career outside is the right path for me. Anyways I'm a freshman and I'm looking to study abroad and one day transfer to Wollongong. Its not that I don't like it here, I think my career choices will take me to a beach or an ocean and in case you didn't know, there are no beaches or oceans in Iowa... I'm supposedly all set to go I hope my ACT is high enough, 26, so yeah. Its nice to meet you guys.
I don't think Australian UNIs approves of the American ACT or the SAT because it's not up to the Australian standard. However if you have completed the IB that will guarantee entry.

but you said your already in a UNI so the UOW wouldn't even look at your ACT anyway. probably how you've went in your last uni.

SNOWS

HSC
ok cool, I may have asked this in the wrong thread but what exactly are they looking for. Gpa-Wise? Iowa is similar in status to Wollongong, I would say in it isn't the flashiest but it its def recognized as a good school. I just want to know what I have to aim for.

dumarab

HSC
Depends on which course. Besides if your already in a uni it would be easier to transfer.

GPAs in the US also differ from school to school, so there is no standard across the nation or across the school.

But then again if your already in a uni it would be easier to transfer.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
if you are pulling solid credits then you are in for sure, besides that it all just depends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)