Transferring universities (1 Viewer)

carbonox

HSC
So if i don't get any offers from any place in nsw and i do get a place in Bond, is it possible to transfer back here (to uws, unsw or newcastle med)?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
From UNSW Med Fac: "Students who have partly completed another medical degree program interstate or overseas may apply. Such applications will be considered only where applicants have documented reasons such as family reunion for transferring to a medical school in New South Wales. (Such documentation is to be sent together with the Medicine Application Form by 30 October 2009 to the Faculty of Medicine. Applications received after this date will not be accepted.) It will assist if one copy of any relevant academic records are included.

When considering applications, the Faculty will take into account the reasons given for the request to transfer as well as considering the student’s academic merit and results of UMAT. Applicants are not required to be interviewed.

As a guideline up to three places are generally available for this category but usually in excess of 50 applications are received. Students therefore need to carefully consider their options in the event of not being offered one of the three places."

Most other med schools such as UWS, etc will not allow transfer unless it is for compassionate grounds: i.e. chronically ill immediate relative interstate, etc.

This is the normal rule at most medical schools: "Transfer of enrolment between medical schools is not possible except in exceptional circumstances and only with the approval of the Deans/Head of School of the two schools involved."

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
If you can afford Bond and it's not a burden by all means go for it. But yeah, I would try to get into med in NSW as a non-standard before taking the Bond route.

mstudent

HSC
i know this might be random, but i hear many people speaking about Bond Med uni, and saying that it is far easier to get into as long as your willing to pay, i always thought that like any medicine course regardless the uni, it would still be as difficult, i was wondering what are the general requirements to gain entry into Med at Bond ?

itsnotmine

HSC
N/A
i know this might be random, but i hear many people speaking about Bond Med uni, and saying that it is far easier to get into as long as your willing to pay, i always thought that like any medicine course regardless the uni, it would still be as difficult, i was wondering what are the general requirements to gain entry into Med at Bond ?
it's definitely getting rapidly harder to get into bond. still, the cutoffs are noticeable lower but expect them to increase

idk about the specifics, but you can bet your money on ATAR 97+ and UMAT high 70's/early 80's (%ile)

tbh i think it's a ridiculous waste of money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)