transferring (1 Viewer)

frenchy

Do most universities allow you to change courses after about a semester if you did well? Is there requirements for this?

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
only internally, and only for certain subjects.
any external transfer must be done through UAC and you gotta submit an application and wait just like the HSC students. :chainsaw:

jimbo

if i acheive credit avg for my business course at UTS is it possible to transfer to NSW com in the 2nd yr and how hard is it?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Some courses you can transfer second semester, but I know you definitely can't with law.

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Originally posted by jimbo
if i acheive credit avg for my business course at UTS is it possible to transfer to NSW com in the 2nd yr and how hard is it?
Supposedly you need a Distinction average to be competitive. Its 50% UAI and 50% Uni Grades, so the further away ur UAI from the UNSW cutoff, the higher ur uni grades need to be.
You should be able to transfer into UNSW Com, although some of ur units done in the BBus @UTS during ur 1st yr,might not be fully credited by UNSW. So it'll mean alot of catching up on units during ur second year.

jimbo

thanks so much for ur advice oh well happy to study business at uts then im too lazy to do any catching up work

kaspa

scut do u think it would be betta for me to enroll at acu and do exercise science adn then attept to transfer to syd ? (coz subjects are similar) or do u recon i should enter into health course in syd and internally transfer (however there are only like 3 subjects in common)??
please help

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
umm well Kaspa, I'd hardly call myself an expert on the topic of transferring, but i'll tell you what I think anyway.
I hear that internal transfers are generally more simpler (in terms of administrative matters) and easier than an external transfer.
If you dun mind doing a bit of catch up work during ur 2nd year, then enroll at USYD, but if you don't want that extra work then enrol at ACU, where the degree is fairly similar to USYD, so it'll mean less catch up work. But I think u definately need to ask around a bit more and ask the uni students (who are in and about in these forums) for a better opinion....
But yeah did u recieve two offers? Cause the deadline for accepting main round offers is coming up... And USYD enrolments have started...

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
why transfer for
UTS rules.

also id think 1st year business/commerce would be all the same and is a standard for all unis throughout sydney.
i mean its all just introductory subjects in 1st year.
id be worried if unis didnt recognise subjects bcoz dey think dey have better subjects.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)