transferring (1 Viewer)

luckyduck

hey

as i know getting a GPA of 5 and over will give u an opportunity to transfer , but if i didnt get a gpa over 5 and got a gpa of around 4ish.
does that mean i cannot transfer courses?

has anyone transferred with a gpa of 4ish at the end of the year?
if so,, from what to what?

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
You can transfer exteranally through UAC. Then its based on your [UAI + GPA]/2 to give you a selection rank.

Theres a thread in this section of the forum regarding this transfer method.

michael_watson

HSC
Yes...I had a friend at mac who was doing non-award, failed two units and got a credit..and made it into Arts/Science at Sydney! wtf?

luckyduck

so at the end of the year.. via uac they count ur uai as well?
i thought they only count your GPA for first year?

nastar: im guessing your friend must of got an alright uai though!

ok my UAI was 62 and my GPA is 4.25 for first semester and second semester i am guessing i'll get around 4- 4.75.
i want to transfer but im i have doubts.

luckyduck

ohh ok cool!
can u calculate what my approx NRSL would be please?

is NRSL what we use for transfer at the end of the year?

G DIDDY

HSC
Yeah unfortunately it depends on a lot of things. If you haven't done a equivalent fulll year of study they only take your UAI, but that differs form uni to uni. USyd considers a full year to be 8 subjects while UNSW consider 6 subjects to be a full year.

Secondly your initial UAI. If you are well above the cut-off then you got a reasonable chance of making it in above 50% i'd say. Then theres your university marks. This is the part that pissess me off coz people can get a UAI of 70 or 80 got to some univeristy in the middle of no-where and easily pick up a credit average then transfer.

And finally UAI is primarly determined by supply and demand. Obivously if you are transferring into an unpopular course you have better chance.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
G DIDDY said:
Yeah unfortunately it depends on a lot of things. If you haven't done a equivalent fulll year of study they only take your UAI, but that differs form uni to uni. USyd considers a full year to be 8 subjects while UNSW consider 6 subjects to be a full year.

Secondly your initial UAI. If you are well above the cut-off then you got a reasonable chance of making it in above 50% i'd say. Then theres your university marks. This is the part that pissess me off coz people can get a UAI of 70 or 80 got to some univeristy in the middle of no-where and easily pick up a credit average then transfer.

And finally UAI is primarly determined by supply and demand. Obivously if you are transferring into an unpopular course you have better chance.
or you could email the university student centre and ask :)
the guy i emailed, for example, told me i can transfer into b com (lib) that usually is 97.6 with a uai of 92.75 and a 5.70 GPA (aprox).

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
michael_watson said:
Yes...I had a friend at mac who was doing non-award, failed two units and got a credit..and made it into Arts/Science at Sydney! wtf?
That's dubious at best.

1. If you fail two or more non-award units at Mac, you get kicked out.
2. I think the BASc degree would have a higher transfer GPA requirment than 2 fails and a credit.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
They would've had to do it via UAC, B Arts and Sciences - UAI - 70 @ USYD. So im assuming his friend failed non-award, but still had a high enough UAI ~high 60's to get into the BArtsSci degree (which would've been a bit less assuming the NRSL tends to fall for humanities types/general degrees)

klh

HSC
assuming you got 4.75 thi semester, and last was 4.25 = 4.5 gpa
with the schedule: 4.5 ~ 86 uai so [86 + 62]/2 = 74 nrsl

but if you got 4.0 this sem and lasy was 4.25 = 4.125 gpa
schedule 4.125 ~ 84 so [84 + 62]/2 = 73 nrsl

these are the uni schedules btw, not diploma or etc. and i used the completed 1st year numbers.

tehn go to the UAC site and search for the courses with a uai of <= 73
hope it helps

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
They would've had to do it via UAC, B Arts and Sciences - UAI - 70 @ USYD. So im assuming his friend failed non-award, but still had a high enough UAI ~high 60's to get into the BArtsSci degree (which would've been a bit less assuming the NRSL tends to fall for humanities types/general degrees)
Hmm, that's assuming they didn't take into account his uni marks (which they would have... He would have needed a UAI of low 70s in order to compensate for two fails out of three subs.)

Also, does your av say 'oni' - devil?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)