Transfers consider half WAM and half ATAR? (1 Viewer)

Arv21

HSC
So I keep hearing that transfers in USYD will consider half your WAM and half your ATAR or something like that. However, on here: http://sydney.edu.au/future-student...ry-requirements/tertiary-qualifications.shtml 6th paragraph down it says:

"Generally, if you have an acceptable tertiary qualification, your application will be considered on the basis of both your results from your secondary (HSC or equivalent) and your tertiary qualifications. However, if your results from your secondary qualification are not as good as those from your tertiary study, the results from your secondary qualification will not normally be considered."

At what point would your ATAR not be considered? This is probably I really vague question but can anyone give me an idea?

Last edited:

engineering

HSC
N/A
In most cases USyd will use the greater of

(atar equivalent obtained from your most recent uni GPA)

or

the average of (atar equivalent obtained from your most recent uni GPA) and (your school atar).

Hence if the GPA atar equivalent is even 1% higher than your school atar, then the school atar wont be used.

pHyRe

HSC
In most cases USyd will use the greater of

(atar equivalent obtained from your most recent uni GPA)

or

the average of (atar equivalent obtained from your most recent uni GPA) and (your school atar).

Hence if the GPA atar equivalent is even 1% higher than your school atar, then the school atar wont be used.
what are the GPA equivalents of atars?

engineering

HSC
N/A
what are the GPA equivalents of atars?
It is not possible to give a simple answer because the ATAR equivalent is a function of both the duration of degree in question (how much FTE (full time equivalent) you have completed) and the mark.

GPA 4 (approx 50 P average)
up to .49 FTE: 79
up to .99 FTE: 82
up to 2.99 FTE: 84
more than 3 FTE: 86

GPA 5 (approx 65 Cr average)
up to .49 FTE: 87
up to .99 FTE: 89
up to 2.99 FTE: 90
more than 3 FTE: 93

GPA 6 (approx 75 D average)
up to .49 FTE: 94
up to .99 FTE: 94.45
up to 2.99 FTE: 96.3
more than 3 FTE: 98.6

GPA 6.5+ (approx 85 HD average)
up to .49 FTE: 96.3
up to .99 FTE: 98.1
up to 2.99 FTE: 99.5
more than 3 FTE: 99.5

Also note USyd does not consider anything less than 1 FTE

Visit http://sydney.edu.au/policy and search for the undergraduate admissions policy if you want a definite answer. Do not rely on the postings of anonymous people on any forum, no matter how official they might sound (that includes me).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)