Transfers, how do they really work? (1 Viewer)

FadiM

HSC
I had a talk recently with a representative of Sydney University who came to my school, where I asked on how transfers work, especially for the case of a Bachelor of Law. We both stumbled upon the question and didn't really know how they work, I asked if transferring internally from a course which had no connection to a 'law' degree was better/ or worse than an external transfer from another uni while studying a Bachelor of laws degree at that university.

Would anyone be able to explain this to me and how it works, I know it always changes year to year and representatives from their own Uni's would rather you internally transfer (I assume).

lawstu

HSC
The details are actually on the website. However, the short and skinny is if you obtain a Distinction average in an undergraduate course, you may be adequately competitive to transfer from your course to the University's combined LL.B.

I believe that you don't need to be a University of Sydney student to access this scheme, unlike the University of New South Wales. However, being at the University could help with not having to do further semesters of study, as you would simply be studying a combined LL.B. as those that entered straight from high school do, albeit in a different order.

If you have any questions, you may e-mail the University's staff. They are more than happy to help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)