transformations (1 Viewer)

Amyr

I'm doing the unit of transformations at the moment and have just gotten really stuck on an assessment task. We have to transform Hamlet for a contemporary audience. I have to have a specific audience and most of the marks go towards being able to transform it for their context. Does anyone have any idea about what audience I could aim it at?? (and example given in class was feminists) :(

Rahul

Dead Member
how abt for an absurdist audience;)

teh young children audience may not work as u will have to compromise on the language.

*hsc students
*opening ceremony for something
...are other options.

the main thing to remember i guess is that u need to think of the values/issues the new context would be related to, from hamlet. u can critique on some issues from hamlet, ie- send up/comedy, u can elaborate/expand on some issues and u can introduce new issues, relating to ur new context.

i jus did a transformation ass. on ham/ragad:D;)

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
u could do a hollywood/materialistic audience.. maybe a bit cliched, but could work quite well..
claudius & gertrude epitomise the corruption within movie business, hamlet - trying to search for meaning, ophelia = necessay gorgeous blonde.. all in a studio.. so hamlet's confused whether the ghost's jsut special fx or real??

haha.. sorri this is so crap.. its sounds like a passions episode..lol..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)