Traveling to UWS (Kingswood) help (1 Viewer)

xibeleli

HSC
Hi how would i be able to travel to UWS in Kingswood by train, if i live in Fairfield (cumberland line)? And how many times would i need to swap stations to get to kingswood station (North shore and western lines).

I rarely use train station, so yeah some help plz

HSC
South line- From fairfield to granville, then from granville to kingswood
orr
Inner West line- Fairfield to Parramatta/Blacktown, then from there to kingswood

lilredelmo

HSC
Depending on times could be quicker to get fast train(Blue Mountains) from Granville,P'matta or Blacktown to Penrith and then bus or train to Kingswood..check the timetables...Mountain trains are A/C,comfy and fast!

HSC
mm..don't take the bus, UWS bus is the worst thing ever. Some of the drivers can't drive.

HSC
If you're going to Kingswood then walk it, it's like a 10-20 min walk depending on how fast you walk. And there will be heaps of people walking either follow them, or, go this way:

near the bus stop there's a set of lights, cross it, and keep walking left [it's a straight path, no turns or anything]
when you reach kingswood park you'll find a path [it's sort of diagonal], follow that, and then on the other side, you'll find Kingswood campus :)

If the bus is there, or you are tired etc then catch it, but don't bother if it's not there, sometimes they take forever to get there.

If you're going to Werrington North and/or Werrington South, catch the bus because walking it would take longer, and it's lol i walked it once...not a good idead >.<

LKY

HSC
N/A
I am a new student in UWS living in maroubra, i spents more than 2 hrs to get there but now looking for a place to live in parramatta or kingswood.
I just went to school first time yesterday, I took a train at central, 1 hr later I was in kingswood, I took the shuttle bus to penrith campus. The driver was nice he knew I am new there and explained everything to me. :)
The kingswood is really desolate as I used to live arround central of sydney :(

chad29

HSC
If you're going to Kingswood then walk it, it's like a 10-20 min walk depending on how fast you walk. And there will be heaps of people walking either follow them, or, go this way:

near the bus stop there's a set of lights, cross it, and keep walking left [it's a straight path, no turns or anything]
when you reach kingswood park you'll find a path [it's sort of diagonal], follow that, and then on the other side, you'll find Kingswood campus :)

If the bus is there, or you are tired etc then catch it, but don't bother if it's not there, sometimes they take forever to get there.

If you're going to Werrington North and/or Werrington South, catch the bus because walking it would take longer, and it's lol i walked it once...not a good idead >.<

Aww thanks SO MUCH! I will walk now except for one lecture at Werrington South. I am so nervous! Also just wondering for orientation it said that it starts on the 16th but my Academic Orientation is on the 18th. What exactly is the difference?

TypeR

HSC
Im also from Fairfield, but Ill go to Parramatta campus :)

Good luck

Sonata

HSC
from the UWS campus map directions, isnt it just a straight walk down the great western highway to get to the campus?

HSC
Aww thanks SO MUCH! I will walk now except for one lecture at Werrington South. I am so nervous! Also just wondering for orientation it said that it starts on the 16th but my Academic Orientation is on the 18th. What exactly is the difference?
no clue i didn't go to mine >.<

from the UWS campus map directions, isnt it just a straight walk down the great western highway to get to the campus?
yeah then when you reach the park you have to cross it [follow the path].

Trust me there will be A LOT of people walking it, just follow others, that's what i did lol.

OHH and if you're going by car, you need that permit thing, eeven though it's orientation day, people have gotten fines!

recursive

HSC
N/A
I'm commuting from Prairiewood. What I do is ride my bike to Canley Vale station along the bike path that runs from Fairfield showground all the way to the station, and bring my bike with me on the train. It only takes about 15 - 20 minutes and it's a really nice quiet ride along the bike path, through parks and reserves.

At Kingswood it only takes 2 or 3 minutes by bike to get from the station to the campus. You cross the highway at the station, go along the footpath for one block, then through the park right to the campus.

On nice days (<<46 degrees, LOL) on the way home I get off at Rooty Hill and ride the M7 cycleway to Elizabeth drive, then the bike paths all the way home (NO road riding whatsoever). Alternatively I get off at Parramatta and take the bike path all the way home, some of which goes along the water supply pipeline. Except for a small bit at Parramatta, it's all off road biker paths and a really pleasant ride. Best thing about it is that very few people know the paths are there so I have them virtually all to myself.

Sonata

HSC
ok, so how hot/sunny is it wen walking down the highway =/. must be a pain walking down the high with 40 degrees heatwaves with no shady areas

Jack-Package

HSC
I am a new student in UWS living in maroubra, i spents more than 2 hrs to get there but now looking for a place to live in parramatta or kingswood.
I just went to school first time yesterday, I took a train at central, 1 hr later I was in kingswood, I took the shuttle bus to penrith campus. The driver was nice he knew I am new there and explained everything to me. :)
The kingswood is really desolate as I used to live arround central of sydney :(
dude how much would it cost to live around parramatta or kingswood? i live in eastlakes i havent made that trek to the campus yet, my first time there will be orientation day. Im guessing i'd need to leave 2 hours or a little more early to get there on time right

LKY

HSC
N/A
dude how much would it cost to live around parramatta or kingswood? i live in eastlakes i havent made that trek to the campus yet, my first time there will be orientation day. Im guessing i'd need to leave 2 hours or a little more early to get there on time right
parramatta :
house (<$130) < town house (<$160) < apartment (<$200)
kingswood:
adv in campus around 80-130

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)