Trial Discussion Thread. (1 Viewer)

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Questions were so friggin generic, any prepared response could have been moulded with no effort...

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
I also did EBB/Gatsby, Hamlet but I did wag the dog for mod c - questions were too easy IMO...
I'm not complaining though, I'm really unprepared for these trial exams. Hopefully I'll be up for something a little challenging by the time I'm sitting the externals.

Arguably the easiest hamlet question in a while. Didnt specify a theme. Basically talk about whatever the hell you want.
Yep, dis.

JBee

HSC
Frankenrunner and 50th Gate were gifts--> 6 pages each

Hamlet was shit, was expecting a theme question --> 4 pages :(

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Insanely easy one today

No specified themes or texts

However I have got to ask my teacher on how much I should write in an essay. I ran out of time on Module B.

iBibah

HSC
Insanely easy one today

No specified themes or texts

However I have got to ask my teacher on how much I should write in an essay. I ran out of time on Module B.
I've been told 1000-1200 is optimum for 40 mins. I was no where near that lol.

Dylanmuy

HSC
anyone getting back results?

I got 95.5 for paper 1 and 22/25 for the russia section of modern

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
I've been told 1000-1200 is optimum for 40 mins. I was no where near that lol.
I have no idea how much I write, I cbs counting.

Say I write 4 body paragraphs, and the intro and conclusion = BP/2.

4.5x = 1000
x = 222

I average about 15 words per line, if I'm rushing it's closer to 12.

About 14 lines

I usually hit about 20+ lines per paragraph because I think I write too little. Far out.

However 20 x 15 x 4.5 = 1350. Way too much.

There are 38 lines on a page. Subtract 5 lines due to paragraph spacing, crossing out. = 33.

That means that if I pull, say 15-16 lines per paragraph it's 2 paragraphs per page and I should hit no more than 2.5 pages for a 4 paragraph essay.

Difficult as many of my friends are hitting 5, 6 pages per essay.

Hmmm. A lot to mull over here. After getting back my essay from my teacher I'm gonna have a chat about time/content management in exams. When I write essays I'm stuck in the thought that I'm typing it on the computer and I need about 400 per body paragraph.

Makematics

HSC
just had my 3u trial. i think it is safe to say that it was without a doubt the WORST trial made in the history of my school. the head teacher makes the WORST tests! i can not even begin to understand why one would make a test easy when you could make it hard?!? even people who are ranked in the 70s/130 are expecting 100%. last years test was excellent compared to this one, i wish we could have a good separator trial :( i am expecting a grade average of 85 with around 10 people on 100%, 10 people on 99%, 10 people on 97%, etc.
Reasons why this trial was terrible:
1. there was a mistake in the multiple choice. the answer to the last question of the multiple choice was NOT one of the options!!!! After skipping it and finishing my exam, i spent 40 FUCKING MINUTES on this 1 mark question, trying to see how i had made a mistake or missed something, but i could simply not get an answer. i simply could not believe that the teacher could be that retarded that he would do this, but it happened. i lost all that time which could have been spent checking my answers. after the exam i confirmed with the other guys that there was indeed a mistake.

2. The exam was unbelievably short and simple. Every single question in the exam was an extremely basic question, maybe something you would find in Q11 of the 3U hsc. the only exception to this was a parametrics question and a projectile motion question. however, due to the fact that they tested the EXACT SAME FUCKING PARAMETRICS QUESTION in OUR first task, everyone knew how to do it, which took away the difficulty. The projectile motion question was a question that appears in pretty much every second 3u/4u paper my school makes. as a result, all the 4u students and accelerants, including myself, would have seen and attempted it before. once again it was somewhat challenging the first time i tried it but due to the fact that everyone has already done it this question will do nothing to differentiate the marks.

due to this pathetic exam, rank 1 will have 100 as his average (unless he miraculously makes a mistake), and i will be unable to match him overall because i made ONE TINY mistake in the half-yearly. i am feeling such rage right now... the only bright side of this is that the people who did 40 past papers wasted all their time for nothing hahahahah!

tl;dr - just did the shittest 3 unit trail in history

Last edited:

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
just had my 3u trial. i think it is safe to say that it was without a doubt the WORST trial made in the history of my school. the head teacher makes the WORST tests! i can not even begin to understand why one would make a test easy when you could make it hard?!? even people who are ranked in the 70s/130 are expecting 100%. last years test was excellent compared to this one, i wish we could have a good separator trial :( i am expecting a grade average of 85 with around 10 people on 100%, 10 people on 99%, 10 people on 97%, etc.
Reasons why this trial was terrible:
1. there was a mistake in the multiple choice. the answer to the last question of the multiple choice was NOT one of the options!!!! After skipping it and finishing my exam, i spent 40 FUCKING MINUTES on this 1 mark question, trying to see how i had made a mistake or missed something, but i could simply not get an answer. i simply could not believe that the teacher could be that retarded that he would do this, but it happened. i lost all that time which could have been spent checking my answers. after the exam i confirmed with the other guys that there was indeed a mistake.

2. The exam was unbelievably short and simple. Every single question in the exam was an extremely basic question, maybe something you would find in Q11 of the 3U hsc. the only exception to this was a parametrics question and a projectile motion question. however, due to the fact that they tested the EXACT SAME FUCKING PARAMETRICS QUESTION in OUR first task, everyone knew how to do it, which took away the difficulty. The projectile motion question was a question that appears in pretty much every second 3u/4u paper my school makes. as a result, all the 4u students and accelerants, including myself, would have seen and attempted it before. once again it was somewhat challenging the first time i tried it but due to the fact that everyone has already done it this question will do nothing to differentiate the marks.

due to this pathetic exam, rank 1 will have 100 as his average (unless he miraculously makes a mistake), and i will be unable to match him overall because i made ONE TINY mistake in the half-yearly. i am feeling such rage right now... the only bright side of this is that the people who did 40 past papers wasted all their time for nothing hahahahah!

tl;dr - just did the shittest 3 unit trail in history
I know how you feel. I had an biology assessment practical task on Monday, and my teacher was literally giving away answers. I felt so mad studying for nothing...

Makematics

HSC
yeh... now i get why schools buy cssa. maybe i should get my school to buy cssa for maths lol...

anyways, that's my last time doing a shitty exam from my school. out of the 9 exams i did in yr 11/12, only 3 were decent, with one of them being actually good

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Today was a good day, I found out I could get 15 bonus points :') Not even going to study anymore

ClassOf2013

HSC
Done CSSA English Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 wasn't too bad but Paper 2...that Hamlet question really threw me (and a lot of other people in my cohort) off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)