Trial Discussion Thread. (1 Viewer)

Solution

BoS Revolutionary
HSC
N/A
Shouldn't the inside get differentiated too? Leaving xe^x?
Recall that d/dx (e^x) = (x)'e^x = 1(e^x) = e^x

So d/dx (e^x + 1) = e^x (1 is obviously a constant and is 0 when differentiated).

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Recall that d/dx (e^x) = (x)'e^x = 1(e^x) = e^x

So d/dx (e^x + 1) = e^x (1 is obviously a constant and is 0 when differentiated).
Wow... So failing tomorrow
I forgot I have to differentiate the x =/ Thanks for clarifying

Makematics

HSC
Whatever you do, DO NOT do my school's papers for practice. They are utter shit most of the time!

Also is it possible to do all HSCs since the new syllabus in 2 months? Thats like 60 papers in 60 days right? Doesnt sound too bad...

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Haha no worries mate.

You'll be fine! :)

How much have you prepared?
Well actually I'm pretty decent in the entire year 12 maths course, it's just the year 11 part that's going to stuff me up

Solution

BoS Revolutionary
HSC
N/A
Well actually I'm pretty decent in the entire year 12 maths course, it's just the year 11 part that's going to stuff me up
There really isn't much to cover in year 11 (I think?)

I mean you have Parametrics, Permutations and Combinations and basic differentiation? I dunno, I've forgotten LOL

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC

I mean you have Parametrics, Permutations and Combinations and basic differentiation? I dunno, I've forgotten LOL
That seems MX1 There's a shit load to cover from year 11 sadly, like coordinate geometry (I'm okay with this), relations/functions (Don't even know what relations are), Locus(No idea) Quadratic roots/discriminant (50/50 understanding)
So yeah, pretty much stuffed for the HSC/trials :(

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A

DO you have any tips for HSC maths 2u and math ext 1. I finished my trials, don't know how should I study in these two months. any tips

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
DO you have any tips for HSC maths 2u and math ext 1. I finished my trials, don't know how should I study in these two months. any tips
After trials you should have no gaps in your knowledge, if you still do quickly deal with it.
Now all you need to do is improve problem solving skills/time management/accuracy

Which is of course achieved by doing math papers, I recommend perhaps doing some of the older hsc papers, or if you have any, some of the commercial trials.
If you feel that your accuracy and time management are great already, then consider doing problems independent of a time limit, i.e. look for hard problems in your textbook or even the 3U and 2U marathon threads to look for questions to increase your experience in problem solving.

Solution

BoS Revolutionary
HSC
N/A
That seems MX1 There's a shit load to cover from year 11 sadly, like coordinate geometry (I'm okay with this), relations/functions (Don't even know what relations are), Locus(No idea) Quadratic roots/discriminant (50/50 understanding)
So yeah, pretty much stuffed for the HSC/trials :(
I remember a wise BoSer telling me that mentality was extremely crucial for any important situation in life so try to be optimist haha. I could try to help you if you post questions on here or more appropriately in the maths forum, although I'm a little rusty I still have some magic left ;)

Eh, the only thing I can really tell you to do is to do as many past papers as possible. Expose yourself to difficult questions so it helps you formulate different approaches to questions that may pop up in the HSC. Although this is more relevant to 4u maths, it still applies to 2U and 3U I suppose. That is all you really can do tbh for maths, so just have fun!

EDIT: Clearly better advice above from the genius himself.

(I really enjoyed studying for the 3U and 4U HSC - did like 5-6 hours of maths every day for i think 1.5 months haha)

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
After trials you should have no gaps in your knowledge, if you still do quickly deal with it.
Now all you need to do is improve problem solving skills/time management/accuracy

Which is of course achieved by doing math papers, I recommend perhaps doing some of the older hsc papers, or if you have any, some of the commercial trials.
If you feel that your accuracy and time management are great already, then consider doing problems independent of a time limit, i.e. look for hard problems in your textbook or even the 3U and 2U marathon threads to look for questions to increase your experience in problem solving.
lol, I still need to learn some topics, I have some holes in my knowledge like the hard topics in 3u projectile motion, probability, inverse finctions. How shoudl I learn them, also when it comes to exams, like I know the formulas but the questions appear hard somehow, like I questions pop ups that i didn't seen before or did a similar question to it. so what should I do to avoid this problem, I really want a band 6.

What if I am not understand a concept what would be the best textbook to learn it from, is there any textbook the explains concepts well to understand.

For HSC now, should I just do HSC papers only, or other papers as well. How are you going to prepare for Maths ext 1, lol

jenslekman

HSC
Whatever you do, DO NOT do my school's papers for practice. They are utter shit most of the time!

Also is it possible to do all HSCs since the new syllabus in 2 months? Thats like 60 papers in 60 days right? Doesnt sound too bad...
Certainly doable if you love maths. However, don't make the mistake of neglecting other subjects because they're not as "fun" to study.

Makematics

HSC
Certainly doable if you love maths. However, don't make the mistake of neglecting other subjects because they're not as "fun" to study.
Defs do love maths! And past papers r fun anyways :) and i have already made that mistake haha, not gonna try and correct it now tbh, too late. Chem and geo are also somewhat fun. Needless to say, english is just horrible.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
All my subjects are about the same in 'funness' level if you ask me

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
This isnt really as much time as you would think - you really need to be selective with what you do and dont do. From memory, MX1 papers are 2 hours and MX2 are 3 hours - add to that the time taken to mark and review answers and it is extremely time consuming. So, it probably would be best to be selective when it comes to past papers with these subjects.
Most people will be finishing in under those times- and only reviewing questions they don't understand.

Solution

BoS Revolutionary
HSC
N/A
Defs do love maths! And past papers r fun anyways :) and i have already made that mistake haha, not gonna try and correct it now tbh, too late. Chem and geo are also somewhat fun. Needless to say, english is just horrible.
Nah, English is more fun than *I daresay* maths. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)